Bush's view on the military | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Bush's view on the military

95ExplorerLtd

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Hymera, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited 4x4
These political threads always seem to wind up with people challenging the worthiness of others because of their opinions. I'm guilty of it too, and I can understand why tensions might run a little high sometimes (sometimes you could cut it with a knife ;) ) over political issues, because so much is screwed up with political issues and we all have our own views of it. I obviously cant vote yet, but if I could, I would have went for Bush, my parents did. I intend to do the same. Plus Dubya is from Texas ;) That dont mean though that if he would decide to blow half of China off the map just for fun I would support it. In the previous thread about drilling in Alaska, I got really aggravated because of the nature-preservers and how they can always find something to complain and contest against. Now if Dubya DOES wind up cutting the military, that doesnt mean I wont vote for him if I ever have a chance, but I might dislike what he is DOING, not dislike HIM. No President (or person for that matter) will ever be perfect, because there is absolutely no way to please every single perosn in the world (or America), unless you tend to everyones individual likings and needs, and theres on way that can be done. So we'll have to either learn to live with what is done, or... just shut up and live with it :) But, I seriously doubt that Dubya would do something that could put our country in a huge danger, if he was able to be the Governor of Texas and the President of the USA, he cannot be that stupid. Eh?

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
well said grant. anyone could always move away if they didn't like it here that much! everyday i hear one of my friends say something that i think is ridiculous about political type stuff. like grant said, i don't dislike that friend anymore, just that one stupid (in my opinion) statement or view. it would be so much easier if everyone thought like me! well, except on vehicle stuff. i need to learn about working on the truck then everyone should think like me. :D
oh back to the military... i disagree with almost any gutting of the military. on a side note, how long before the soldiers that serve our country lose moral and just give up? i would think it is like working in office knowing that your boss is going to fire many people in big shifts throughout the year. with the number of political candidates and people in the country that view military as totally unneccessary. kinda sad i think. i would love to hear anyone currently in the military's response to this. yall have a good day!

BislamJoe

Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer 4x4 XLT
The way I see it, Bush may not be the best president we've ever had, but to me he seemed better than Gore. But let's not go there, I'll get myself into trouble :smoke:

P.S. - Whatever happened to "MOVE OUT DA WAY! WE DA U.S.! WE GOT GUNS AND SH*T!" :smoke: maybe that was a pretty good strategy...lol