• Register Today It's free!

Busted '06 4.6L Motor Mounts

granadojl

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie
I have an '06 Eddie Bauer with the almighty V8. I have busted my driver side motor mount. I think from trying to race this beast.... anyways. I was wondering if anyone out there has replaced or has any knowledge of replacing the mount in the new style explorers? I figure it can't be that hard, I have replaced many mounts on my '57 F-100, but this is a little cramped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help in advanced

Joe:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for all of you who viewed this post and posted absolutely nothing. I was able to buy a mount at Napa for about 45 bucks and repaced it in about 1 hour. These explorers with the V8 are just as easy to replace the motor mount as my 1957 F100 is.:)

Thanks for all of you who viewed this post and posted absolutely nothing.

Sheesh! No need to hate! :D I'd have to imagine you are in the .5% of owners of 2006+ Explorers that had to replace that part already.

You're probably right... Maybe i'm one of the few who floors the mean V8 everywhere I go.

You're probably right... Maybe i'm one of the few who floors the mean V8 everywhere I go.

That's stupid. You deserve a wrecked motor mount. Guess you'll be the first to blow the 6 speed as well.

That's stupid. You deserve a wrecked motor mount. Guess you'll be the first to blow the 6 speed as well.

You're probably right, why would anyone want to drive their explorer hard? Well I can say this, when my explorer hits 100,000 miles, I will know what I need when it comes to maintaining my engine. I know your 5l is a bit different compared to my 4.6l, but what do I know right? I have built many 302s in my years... currently running a stroked 302 now in my F100.

I hope that when it comes time for you to replace your mount, someone bashes you for needing to replace it. Have fun with your explorer.

Back