Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay

Smithsidebar

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer V8 AWD
Hi guys, I've been searching the forums for this, I may be using the wrong terminology. I'm installing a Pioneer CarPlay head unit, there's a second set of buttons that are wired on the right hand side of the console, what are these for or what option was it? Anyone know? I appreciate any feedback!!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

The Rev

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Exploder
What Pioneer are you talking about? They have 6 current models that can do car play.

Smithsidebar

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer V8 AWD
The bigger question is what we're the options for that switch set on the right hand side of the radio. They're pre-wired, so I'm thinking it may be an easy add option. Kinda neat, i'll do some more googling.

The CarPlay thing is kinda irrelevant to the question, my bad for confusing things. FWIW, it's the SPH-DA120, pretty excited to use it, flipping cd's is getting old. I have Alpines in all my other cars, so it was difficult to not use that brand, but I need it to work with Android as well.

DjDom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XL(imited)
You'll be happy with the Pioneer. Trust me.

Smithsidebar

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer V8 AWD
I got it in and WOW!! I actually ran RCA's and a remote, stuffed them behind the glove box for warmer weather, but I probably won't use them. This thing allows you to tune the factory sub plus it has time alignment, it's just great!!! I'm actually excited to drive 40 miles to work tomorrow. I have my IPhone, a seperate IPod hooked up....awesome, very happy!