Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Button harness, 05' Mountaineer, installing CarPlay

Smithsidebar

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mountaineer V8 AWD
Hi guys, I've been searching the forums for this, I may be using the wrong terminology. I'm installing a Pioneer CarPlay head unit, there's a second set of buttons that are wired on the right hand side of the console, what are these for or what option was it? Anyone know? I appreciate any feedback!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What Pioneer are you talking about? They have 6 current models that can do car play.

The bigger question is what we're the options for that switch set on the right hand side of the radio. They're pre-wired, so I'm thinking it may be an easy add option. Kinda neat, i'll do some more googling.

The CarPlay thing is kinda irrelevant to the question, my bad for confusing things. FWIW, it's the SPH-DA120, pretty excited to use it, flipping cd's is getting old. I have Alpines in all my other cars, so it was difficult to not use that brand, but I need it to work with Android as well.

You'll be happy with the Pioneer. Trust me.

I got it in and WOW!! I actually ran RCA's and a remote, stuffed them behind the glove box for warmer weather, but I probably won't use them. This thing allows you to tune the factory sub plus it has time alignment, it's just great!!! I'm actually excited to drive 40 miles to work tomorrow. I have my IPhone, a seperate IPod hooked up....awesome, very happy!

Back