Buy Belt and Antenna | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buy Belt and Antenna

Augustin

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer v8 5.0
Good morning,

Any webshop and references to buy belt and antenna ? (Nothing on Rockauto)

Thanks a lot,

A.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems a strange combo. Where are you that you can't find the belt? The local Autozone, Advance Auto, etc near me has them. Searching Rock Auto for the same belt part # (for my '98 4.0L SOHC) that I bought at Autozone, Rock Auto does have that.

Searching Rock Auto for your '99 5.0L, Rock Auto has those too including a good deal on a Gates closeout belt for $9.

1999 FORD EXPLORER 5.0L V8 Belt | RockAuto

As far as the antenna is it a fixed mast or power antenna? If a fixed mast then I'd just get it at the local junkyard. There are these various parts on eBay:

Antennas for 1999 Ford Explorer for sale | eBay

My ex-neighbor, ex-Ford mechanic, recommended Goodyear Gatorback belts. That is what I currently use. With Continental's completed acquisition of Veyance Technologies Inc., they are now branded Continental Elite. When it comes time to replace my serpentine belt, that's what I am going to buy.

I suspect he's asking about the plastic "belt" that broke on his power antenna. If that's the case and it were me, I'd dump the troublesome power antenna and install a fixed one.

^ That would make more sense but I doubt that belt alone is a separate motorcraft part #, nor that any aftermarket supplier would bother to sell just that.

I've been content with my fixed mast antenna, just keep a pair of small vice grip pliers in my glovebox for misc. reasons including being able to take the antenna off if I want to go through an automated car wash.

Good morning,

Thanks a lot for All answers and Help.
I will buy the antenna on ebay...
About the belt, thanks for help : i did't find it because in french mode there is no belt (?? why)
So, could you give me the good english link on rockauto to buy a "center seat belt"
see the photo attached to understand what to buy...(there is a hole because miss something i think...)

Thanks a lot

A.

IMG_2376.jpg

What's supposed to be in that empty slot is a retractable male buckle. Very strange that it's missing. Anyway, a quick check on Rockauto and e-Bay failed to provide a replacement. And, it appears it's been discontinued from Ford. This is one of those cases where a trip to a junk yard might be necessary (unless someone on here is parting out a vehicle). But, if you live outside the U.S., I understand that may not be an option.

Thanks...
If someone has an idea..

Hi XL Trunner,

i've just sent you an email.
Have a nice day
A.

Back