Buy Extended Warranty | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buy Extended Warranty

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Does anybody know if you can buy the extended warranty well my trucks still under warranty but i didnt buy it when i bought the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe you can buy it still and the price is generally negotiable, so shop around.

you can purchase the "new" esp from ford as long as it is still under the bumper to bumper. I got mine online.

A bunch of shady providers... anyone know a trustworthy one?

I got a 6yr/100K mile Premium warranty with $100 deductable from Saccucci Ford in Middleton, RI for $1330. They're legit. My local Ford dealer wanted $2200.

http://www.myfordwarranty.com/

i bought my 75k warranty when i had 28k on the OD

Do the years start when you buy the warranty, or more likely the age of the truck from it's first date of sale when new?

In an attepmt to explain how the warranty works here goes "everything"

basically if you buy an extended warranty for 75k like i did, it doesn't give you 75k more after the factory 36k. it means you extended it from 36-75k
or in the case of a 100k it would be from 36k-100k, not 136k. Make sense?

Right on the miles part... does it work the same for the years?

Do the years start when you buy the warranty, or more likely the age of the truck from it's first date of sale when new?

Warranty starts on the first purchase date. Even though mine is a 06, I bought it new on March 07. So the original 3yr/36K mile warranty starts 03/07. Now with the 100K/6yr warranty, it expires whichever comes first when the rig hits 100K miles or 03/2013

Back