• Register Today It's free!

Buyback

ST204

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
The dealer said that the explorer will not be repaired in time and is certain the buyback will occur. Nov. 2nd is lemon law 30 day requirement. Dealer stated that they can buyback or offer an extended warranty for free if I wanted to keep the explorer. I liked the ST but the clunking has to get fixed. Should I do the buyback and move on to another vehicle or keep it with an extended warranty? Warranty would have to be the 8yr/150k premium care. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I ordered the vehicle in March and only had it for 12 days.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer said that the explorer will not be repaired in time and is certain the buyback will occur. Nov. 2nd is lemon law 30 day requirement. Dealer stated that they can buyback or offer an extended warranty for free if I wanted to keep the explorer. I liked the ST but the clunking has to get fixed. Should I do the buyback and move on to another vehicle or keep it with an extended warranty? Warranty would have to be the 8yr/150k premium care. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I ordered the vehicle in March and only had it for 12 days.

I would let the buy back happen and order another which is now on it's better built and get a new one and ask for an extended warranty for all the headaches. I would seriously take a new one.

I would let the buy back happen and order another which is now on it's better built and get a new one and ask for an extended warranty for all the headaches. I would seriously take a new one
Agree with this 100% if you otherwise liked the ST. I bet the next one will be fine; as I’ve posted elsewhere, my ST was ordered in March and built in June. No problems whatsoever (knock on wood). But I would definitely get the ESP (I have one on mine).

Thank you for the advice.

Thank you for the advice.

If you do go through with it, have the zone rep as part of the replacement condition put it as a Priority 1. It should be built and delivered in 4 weeks +/-.

If you do go through with it, have the zone rep as part of the replacement condition put it as a Priority 1. It should be built and delivered in 4 weeks +/-.
Interesting thanks, I will ask that.

Ford has approved the buy back and now working to formulate an offer. It can take three weeks until closing. Wish Id waited a bit for the bugs to get worked out.

Any updates from those who went through the buyback? I'm in initial stages now for driveline vibration of which repair attempts failed and exceeded lemon law time out of service in my state. Their final answer was that it is normal, so I was saved by the excessive time because I know for a fact it's not normal as I have test driven several other 2020 st and lesser trims.
How long should I expect to wait, and will their offer cover my costs? Ty

So I bought a ST in Oct of 19 and buy Jan it had been in the shop 3 times for well over a month on one visit alone for a turbo leak. Lemon Law kicked in and they offered for us 3 options. A cash settlement. A check for a 5K loss of what we paid for the vehicle or we could have the sticker price “credit” to buy any other vehicle at Ford. We LOVED the car so we had a new one ordered. The only way you would have known it was a new car was the vin number. By May we had the new vehicle. The new ST has been in the shop now for 3 weeks on a check engine light that they can’t figure out. Obviously I’m super annoyed but also love this vehicle. Considering going back through the buy back options and see where we stand and just getting an entirely different vehicle. Like a Tahoe?!

Any updates from those who went through the buyback? I'm in initial stages now for driveline vibration of which repair attempts failed and exceeded lemon law time out of service in my state. Their final answer was that it is normal, so I was saved by the excessive time because I know for a fact it's not normal as I have test driven several other 2020 st and lesser trims.
How long should I expect to wait, and will their offer cover my costs? Ty
Hi! I did it and it was a really easy process. Sadly... I’m probably going to have to do it again.

So I bought a ST in Oct of 19 and buy Jan it had been in the shop 3 times for well over a month on one visit alone for a turbo leak. Lemon Law kicked in and they offered for us 3 options. A cash settlement. A check for a 5K loss of what we paid for the vehicle or we could have the sticker price “credit” to buy any other vehicle at Ford. We LOVED the car so we had a new one ordered. The only way you would have known it was a new car was the vin number. By May we had the new vehicle. The new ST has been in the shop now for 3 weeks on a check engine light that they can’t figure out. Obviously I’m super annoyed but also love this vehicle. Considering going back through the buy back options and see where we stand and just getting an entirely different vehicle. Like a Tahoe?!

Get an Expedition.. tried and true and the 3.5 eco boost is a beast. I normally get an Expedition for a rental every time my vehicles are in for warranty and I LOVE it.

Back