• Register Today It's free!

Buying a 2020 Explorer

bjarnold1

Reaction score
City, State
Nampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
My wife has always been a fan of GMC and last year she/we bought a new 2019 Acadia. Within a week of taking delivery the trips to the service department started. Within 6 months it had been in the shop over 8 times and the dealership still couldn't get all the issues resolved. The sales manager ended up buying it back as a lemon and exchanging it for a different Acadia. I have a 2019 F150 and have had zero issues with it and my wife has decided she likes the Explorers. Is there any issues I should be concerned about?. We are looking at a brand new XLT 200A package at $7,000 under sticker price

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife and I also like the Explorer. She has a 2012 Acadia that has been problem free but it's high mileage. There is a ton of information both on this forum and on the Internet regarding the 2020 Explorer build quality issues. I've decided to run the Acadia for another year and maybe go for a 2021 ST. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Had I seen some of the issues, that have been reported, I might have waited to buy. I got mine early July and have had no problems. The 2 recalls that came up on mine were inspected and cleared. I also know, from the service mgr,that all the Explorers on my dealer's lot have been gone over. So I wouldn't have any issue getting one now.
I have the XLT, with the 202A package. Didn't think I'd like the extra features, but the remote start is nice. The '20 replaced a '15 Explorer, which had no problems. I was pleasantly surprised with the I4 turbo in this vehicle. It definitely gets the job done. Quite a bit more pep then the'15.
I think the vast majority of new Explorer owners don't have any issues.

Had I seen some of the issues, that have been reported, I might have waited to buy. I got mine early July and have had no problems. The 2 recalls that came up on mine were inspected and cleared. I also know, from the service mgr,that all the Explorers on my dealer's lot have been gone over. So I wouldn't have any issue getting one now.
I have the XLT, with the 202A package. Didn't think I'd like the extra features, but the remote start is nice. The '20 replaced a '15 Explorer, which had no problems. I was pleasantly surprised with the 2.3l I4 turbo in this vehicle. It definitely gets the job done. Quite a bit more pep then the'15.
I think the vast majority of new Explorer owners don't have any issues.

FTFY

........Are there any issues I should be concerned about?. We are looking at a brand new XLT 200A package at $7,000 under sticker price

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Just browse through the threads in this subforum. There are a few that are about issues members have run into. Good luck.

Peter

Most likely you would not have any problems. Mine had one small issue which was fixed under warranty. I absolutely love driving mine and do not regret buying it at all so far. Bought in July and already have 5200 miles on it. Others on this forum have a had a few problems without resolution.

Back