• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Buying a Explorer 2016 to 2019

ChuckSPPost

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Hello all, I am looking at getting me an Explorer. I want a platinum model, because I want to tow a Boat in the summer. Drive to Michigan in the winter, may pull a trailer there too. also I want the twin turbo.
1. questions is Do all Platinum's come with Towing package 2016-2019.
2. I want to get a a tuner for this vehicle so I can change the setting for towing at times and gas mileage at other times, Which tuner do you recommend.
3. is one year of vehicle better than other year 2016-2019.
4. is there a any certain option you recommend to make sure I get.
Any additional information would be great!
Thanks for all your help.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The 2016 - 2019 Platinums come with the class III tow package. As for tunes, check out the Modified subforum and you will find several threads on those. Here is one of many;Which Tune To Go With?
As for which year is better, most recommend going with the latest model year. I had a 2017 Platinum and loved it. The one thing I always added to my vehicles was the Husky Liners. WeatherTech also makes them but the Husky ones provide a bit more protection. Browse the 'Modified' section and see what others are doing.
The Forum also has a handy 'Search' feature that can be used to locate various threads/posts, once you become familiar with it. ;)

Peter

ChuckSPPost

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Wayne
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
The 2016 - 2019 Platinums come with the class III tow package. As for tunes, check out the Modified subforum and you will find several threads on those. Here is one of many;Which Tune To Go With?
As for which year is better, most recommend going with the latest model year. I had a 2017 Platinum and loved it. The one thing I always added to my vehicles was the Husky Liners. WeatherTech also makes them but the Husky ones provide a bit more protection. Browse the 'Modified' section and see what others are doing.
The Forum also has a handy 'Search' feature that can be used to locate various threads/posts, once you become familiar with it. ;)

Peter
Thank You