Buying Explorer questions: new XLT vs used LTD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Buying Explorer questions: new XLT vs used LTD

MrsBabs

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hello! I'm amazed, there is a forum for just about anything! Love it! I started out planning on buying a new 2013 XLT in the upgraded 202 package (leather seats and whatever else it has). Of course, no dealer actually has one in stock. A new LTD is not in my financial future right now. But EVERY dealer has been pushing me to look at a used program LTD and that it would be close in price to new XLT. What do you owners think? New or upgraded used? I have never owned new. I currently have an 05 Escape so we are upgrading for the third row seating. Just wanting to see what others thought....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well you are from the show me state, i will show you my 2011 explorer 302a pkg 19k miles going back soon end of lease if you want it take it over it pays $ 523.00 per month or buy it at the end of lease price pm me and we will talk. Im getting the new 2014 when it starts production soon!

i would go with a lightly used 12 or 13 limited. at the end of december, i got a 12 limited, 4x4, optional polished 20" rims, with 16k miles (interior was flawless, exterior was as good as a used card will be) for 35500 real money. so i saved around 12k from buying new and am only down 8 months on the warranty.

I would go for the Limited if it had one of the higher end packages. Reason is I like all the technology features not available on the XLT. Things like heated/cooled seats, park assist, power 3rd row etc. With a Limited you also get keyless start with factory remote start. If you can find a low mileage '12 Limited I would take that over a new '13 XLT.

Well pingbling, i have the 302a pkg dealer serviced with on time oil changes tire rotations, mft update and very well kept in door garaged i really have no need to sell but if anyone is interested well welcome if not the dealer will have it soon....!

Got new Limited!

Thanks for all the advice! Bought a new 2013 limited today. Get to bring it home tomorrow! So excited!

lol, i thought a new limited wasnt in your financial future hahaha. congrats, you will enjoy the new ex, very nice vehicle!!!!! post pics when you can.

Is the newer expo's all they crack up to be? I'm noit big on the body style but hows everything else?

Is the newer expo's all they crack up to be? I'm noit big on the body style but hows everything else?

Having gone from an '03 Mountaineer to a '13 Ex Sport, the new car is worlds ahead of the old one. Materials are much better, and ride and space are improved (in the old car there was almost no space behind the 3rd row--now you actually have usable space).

Help with pics...

How do you post a pic here? Every forum is different. With just a little more down, payments were the same as an XLT...

hmmmmm I have an 04 xlt and love it to death! but have been wondering bout the new ones. maybe ill test drive one sometime soon!

Hello! I'm amazed, there is a forum for just about anything! Love it! I started out planning on buying a new 2013 XLT in the upgraded 202 package (leather seats and whatever else it has). Of course, no dealer actually has one in stock. A new LTD is not in my financial future right now. But EVERY dealer has been pushing me to look at a used program LTD and that it would be close in price to new XLT. What do you owners think? New or upgraded used? I have never owned new. I currently have an 05 Escape so we are upgrading for the third row seating. Just wanting to see what others thought....

Hi MrsBabs!

I'm pretty fond of both the XLT and the Limited, but then again I'm a little biased. :D

If you haven't already, I recommend that you check out our Certified Pre-Owned site (http://www.ford.com/certified-used/) to easily track down your perfect pre-owned Explorer. If you're leaning towards a new vehicle, you should give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375 to get information on all the incentives available to you. Additionally, they can track down new vehicles that meet all of your criteria and even arrange for a test drive.

Let us know how things progress, and if you have any questions just let me know!

Crystal

Picture?

image.jpg

I don't know if this will work....

http://s352.beta.photobucket.com/user/babi42i/media/image.jpg.html

Finally got picture to work...

402790_10151715194799256_326517687_n.jpg

Back