buying this ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

buying this ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...A little out of my range of knowledge but...

...From the pics and description, it looks like a good deal and may be a little under priced...:dunno:

...I would definitely have some one with me to look at it as there may be problems that you might not even recognize unless you know all those parts...Also, make sure it is totally street legal as if it has only a sticker, bringing it back to street plates can be a pain...

...The bedsides you can find by 2-3 manuf.'s out here for about 300-600 would be my guess...

...I believe some more people here can add some better input for you...

yeah i get u about if its street legal ima give him a call tommorow morning i just want some thing thats 4x4(ford) and thats already lifted this one does seem underpriced, i will basically have 3 fords now if i buy it if i do buy it my girlfriend will drive my mexican ranger as i posted it long time ago

...The thing I noticed is in one pic it has a plate...

...Usually when someone sells something that modified they will add info as in smog or registration and he didn't mention anything...

...I have seen more modified vehicles than that with plates so it may just be an oversight..:dunno:

...I don't think the dash will be a problem unless it was registered out of State...Keep us informed as it looks like a fun truck...:biggthump

He said the motor was stock - hopefully, all the smog stuff is still there.

I would check the frame very carefully for cracks. Obviously, he got airborne quite a bit - Ford frames are stout, but I would still check it over.

Back