• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

BW-1354E to BW-1350M, Bolt in?

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
I know, another silly question, but does a 88-89 Bronco II BW-1350M directly bolt in behind a 94 Explorer M5OD? (shift linkage aside)

I need a new t-case and found the 1350 here in town, and I would like to use it. I don't really care too much about the strength difference as this is a bone stock DD. I just need an answer before I buy the t-case :D

Thanks,
Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
yes should bolt right up, but I believe the out put is a different size or something for the front shaft, maybe different length . If you're not using the front axle then it should be a 30min swap to be up in running.

Just make sure the B2 wasn't 2wd. They came with a dummy case. LOL

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
yes should bolt right up, but I believe the out put is a different size or something for the front shaft, maybe different length . If you're not using the front axle then it should be a 30min swap to be up in running.

Just make sure the B2 wasn't 2wd. They came with a dummy case. LOL
Cool, thanks for the reply. I called on it today and I'm just going to measure everything up on monday. If the front output splines are the same I wonder why a guy can't just swap out the yoke and call it a day?

HAHA, I would deffinately be the "dummy" in that CASE.

snoranger

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited on 35's
Cool, thanks for the reply. I called on it today and I'm just going to measure everything up on monday. If the front output splines are the same I wonder why a guy can't just swap out the yoke and call it a day?

HAHA, I would deffinately be the "dummy" in that CASE.
The front is a slip joint on the 13-50, not a fixed yoke like the 13-54. The front driveshaft is a different length, by a few inches.

hvac man

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rifle, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
1) Front driveshaft length- too short?
2) Slip yoke front output- fixed on 1354

Sounds like this is NOT the right option for me. Thanks for the help!