• Register Today It's free!

BW1350/1354 Doubler Shifters

Bronco II

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburg, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
Bronco II, 1987 & 1988
Okay, I'm ordering my doubler kit for you Bronco II next week & I'm planning on running a manual shifted 1350 & a manual shifted 1354 t-case. I wanted to see what you guys that have doubled up are using for manual shifters, I want to see some pics. I seen one guy use a S-10 front axle actuator ( vacuum ) to shift the front t-case, but I'd rather go cable or linkage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bronco II said:
Okay, I'm ordering my doubler kit for you Bronco II next week & I'm planning on running a manual shifted 1350 & a manual shifted 1354 t-case. I wanted to see what you guys that have doubled up are using for manual shifters, I want to see some pics. I seen one guy use a S-10 front axle actuator ( vacuum ) to shift the front t-case, but I'd rather go cable or linkage.
First off - I didnt know there was a "Pittsburg" in California (wtf) :D

Secondly, I'd like to know which doubler kit you went with?

This is going to be cool. Going to follow this one.
Hey, you live near that big crack in the ground. I would suggest parking the B11 on the eastern side of the crack. This way when the big one happens, the B11 won't slide into the ocean like the rest of CA.

I think the biggest 'crack' in Cali is in Section525's backpack

Just a quick question.

Where do you get a manual 1354?

IZwack said:
First off - I didnt know there was a "Pittsburg" in California (wtf) :D

Secondly, I'd like to know which doubler kit you went with?

" P-Town" is just east of "Oak-Town", about 20 to 30 min away. I'm gettin the D.D. Machine kit. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451754&page=9

rookieshooter said:
This is going to be cool. Going to follow this one.
Hey, you live near that big crack in the ground. I would suggest parking the B11 on the eastern side of the crack. This way when the big one happens, the B11 won't slide into the ocean like the rest of CA.

Don't worry, I'm already east of the fault line.

Josh said:
Just a quick question.

Where do you get a manual 1354?

By manual I'm referring to the one with manual shifter linkage, you know, the big stick that comes through the floor, not the electric shift unit. You can get them in 1990 & up Rangers & Explorers & Bronco IIs.

getting back to the thread

come on anyone have any real suggestions or on topic comments? i would like to install a d&d kit and need info on different shifter combos before getting too far:roll:

Make it....

shifter004.jpg

shifter003.jpg

Going to keep the flat stock all the way up.

shifter006.jpg

shifter008.jpg

Thinking about an inner tube to seal off the hole.

shifter009.jpg

Done.

2wd.
shifter016.jpg

Low
shifter012.jpg

Double low
shifter013.jpg

Shouldn't bug me too much.
shifter014.jpg

shifter017.jpg

your shifter and t case is very colorful.

i like the side by side shifter arrangement. it makes me wonder if you couldn't use your stock shift linkage and sandwich another shifter made from 1/4 inch flat stock with part of a factory shift lever welded on to give a factory look. you could find a boot for it pretty easy.

Mine:
(click for bigger)

I wanted to keep it (somewhat) stock-looking.
Stock shifter works like stock, the doubler is push down/pull up.

Back