C2770 code with abs light on

superfestiva

Reaction score
City, State
Santo Domingo
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2003 XLT 4WD
Hi:
I used the search feature and found nothing useful...this code in bare english what does it mean? the shop says I have to buy a new ABS module, why?
I also have c1236 and c1235 codes which generally are when the rear sensor by the differential goes bad, I can buy that since it's not that expensive, but the abs module is expensive and don't want to spend the money if the abs light won't come off...:mad:
The hubs are ok, no vertical or horizontal play, cruise control is ok, 4x4 is ok, no humming sounds while cruising, all sensors where cleaned, right front sensor changed...uhhhhhh!!! Help!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi:
I used the search feature and found nothing useful...this code in bare english what does it mean? the shop says I have to buy a new ABS module, why?
I also have c1236 and c1235 codes which generally are when the rear sensor by the differential goes bad, I can buy that since it's not that expensive, but the abs module is expensive and don't want to spend the money if the abs light won't come off...:mad:
The hubs are ok, no vertical or horizontal play, cruise control is ok, 4x4 is ok, no humming sounds while cruising, all sensors where cleaned, right front sensor changed...uhhhhhh!!! Help!!!

Anyone?

i should have posted this:
c2770 Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor Signal-should be a module under the 2nd row seat.

i should have posted this:
c2770 Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor Signal-should be a module under the 2nd row seat.

Yes it is that code, but the problem is what is the name of the code or part# to buy the sensor? there is no sensor by that name and don't want to buy the abs module if not needed...
This is off course if it will turn my darn abs light off:rolleyes:

Yes it is that code, but the problem is what is the name of the code or part# to buy the sensor? there is no sensor by that name and don't want to buy the abs module if not needed...
This is off course if it will turn my darn abs light off:rolleyes:

On a side note, I would've taken it already to the Ford Stealership...they won't allow my truck because it is equipped with an LPG conversion...whatever...:D

Do you even have a longitudinal acceleration/yaw rate module? Look under the 2nd row seats right in the middle and see if there is a module there. Might have to pull some carpet around to see. I doubt you have one as I believe it is only there for the Explorers with advance track and stability control.

Where did you get the codes pulled if Ford won't let you in?

Do you even have a longitudinal acceleration/yaw rate module? Look under the 2nd row seats right in the middle and see if there is a module there. Might have to pull some carpet around to see. I doubt you have one as I believe it is only there for the Explorers with advance track and stability control.

Where did you get the codes pulled if Ford won't let you in?

I went to a local brakes and services shop (kinda like Midas) and I've been there every time they pull the codes with the scanner...

I'll check right now to make sure...I know it is weird but I read this on the net...if the truck pulls codes c1235 and c1236 and your truck does not have RSC or TCS, it almost sure that it is the rear sensor by the diff since it's got only one...about C2770, I don't know what to do but I'll check if I have this, if not I may have to go to Fleabay and buy a new abs module...not good...:(

I went to a local brakes and services shop (kinda like Midas) and I've been there every time they pull the codes with the scanner...

I'll check right now to make sure...I know it is weird but I read this on the net...if the truck pulls codes c1235 and c1236 and your truck does not have RSC or TCS, it almost sure that it is the rear sensor by the diff since it's got only one...about C2770, I don't know what to do but I'll check if I have this, if not I may have to go to Fleabay and buy a new abs module...not good...:(

Oh man, bad news for me...I checked under the 2nd row seat and found no sensor or anything that looked or felt like one...beneath the carpet is nothing but the floor...:rolleyes:

So, does this mean that my abs module is the culprit?

Help!!!

Oh man, bad news for me...I checked under the 2nd row seat and found no sensor or anything that looked or felt like one...beneath the carpet is nothing but the floor...:rolleyes:

So, does this mean that my abs module is the culprit?

Help!!!

I doubt it. Your ABS worked for a day after you cleaned the rear speed sensor, right? I think it will clear the C2770 code when you get the wheel sensor issue sorted out.

I doubt it. Your ABS worked for a day after you cleaned the rear speed sensor, right? I think it will clear the C2770 code when you get the wheel sensor issue sorted out.

Ok, but when my sensor arrives it may clear the codes C1235 and C1236 but not C2770 because the truck does not have RSC? That's what my logic tells me, am I correct?

C1235 = Wheel Speed RR Input Signal Missing
C1236 = Wheel Speed LR Input Signal missing

C2770 (If you only have ABS and not Advancetrac (you know you have this if you have the badges on the rear of the X)) = Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor Signal Fault. CLEAR the DTC. REPEAT the self-test. If DTC C2770 is present, INSTALL a new ABS module. This is direct from Ford.

Installing the new ABS module may OR may not get rid of C1235/6, that could be a different problem. IF the WSS are ok and the signal is getting sent to the ABS module without being interrupted (like with corrosion or an open) and the module has good power and ground, then the ABS module has to be the problem! Make sense?

So maybe you should just take it to a dealership, most of the time they know what they are doing lol :)

-Mike

C1235 = Wheel Speed RR Input Signal Missing
C1236 = Wheel Speed LR Input Signal missing

C2770 (If you only have ABS and not Advancetrac (you know you have this if you have the badges on the rear of the X)) = Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor Signal Fault. CLEAR the DTC. REPEAT the self-test. If DTC C2770 is present, INSTALL a new ABS module. This is direct from Ford.

Installing the new ABS module may OR may not get rid of C1235/6, that could be a different problem. IF the WSS are ok and the signal is getting sent to the ABS module without being interrupted (like with corrosion or an open) and the module has good power and ground, then the ABS module has to be the problem! Make sense?

So maybe you should just take it to a dealership, most of the time they know what they are doing lol :)

-Mike

You're right bro...it makes sense...when my rear abs sensor arrives, I'll plug it in...re-run the codes...if c1235 and c1236 are gone, but c2770 is still present I'll buy immediatley a new abs module...no questions asked...:thumbsup:

I'll let all of you know what happens, since there are no other threads with my freak trucks problem...:(

I replaced the rear abs sensor and erased all three codes...spent the whole morning driving and the abs light is still off...you the man,,,will keep you posted...if it doesn't come off in a week, buddy you the man...!

Well, have driven 250 miles since saturday and the truck is OK...:D
Cheers!!!

Back