CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

sweet. where at?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that spare bungee corded on?:D

No, photoshopped on Tom.

I've got about 40 hours labor and still a non-working charging system :mad:

Super duty still in San Diego getting head gaskets, I might be driving over and pulling my flat bed with the Explorer!!!

Anybody from San Diego coming with 2 people and want to pick up my super duty?

...froader, thats my plan...i'll jump on the freeway and catch you guys...btw, what do you think of the pro comp extreme mt's???

...froader, thats my plan...i'll jump on the freeway and catch you guys...btw, what do you think of the pro comp extreme mt's???

I have a buddy who has them on his truck. They dont balance for crap, they dont ride very well at all. If i were you id just stick with the good ol BFG muds. Unless you can get a hell of a deal on the procomps.

...buy 3 get 1 free at 4wheelparts...otherwise i might have to buy 2 of big-O's to match my current...:dunno:

The mud tires i have now are you can get for cheap at big-0. They have the same tread design as the maxxis buckshot mudders. Ive been happy with them so far and they are very cheap. I heard as cheap as 130$ a tire for 35's. They are called nankang mudstar radials, might be something to look at.

...wow, they want 230 for what i got and 190 for their a/t's...not mounted....

Id ask about the nankangs, the one here in fontana only wanted 120$ per tire for 33's. And that was only 6 months ago, then again with these tire chains you never know when they are gonna jack up the prices on you.

If not you can always hit up those little used tire shops. SOmetimes you can get a hell of a deal on good like new tires from those places. Got my first set of 31's for 100$ for all four with mounting and balancing.

Looks like Tracy and I can make it now. We will probably come out saturday morning. Who has open seats cause we will need them.

so wife seems to think the toe is broken...and she may be right:rolleyes:

Things to do before t-haven:
Replace cam postion sensor
Replace steering shaft...after I finish rebuilding a new one:rolleyes:
rewire rock lights
rewire front lights
mount a cb antanna...somewhere:confused:

100_2503.jpg
I get the feeling I have seen this bumper before???:p: :eek: :confused:

Looks like Tracy and I can make it now. We will probably come out saturday morning. Who has open seats cause we will need them.
We should have room for Tracy, hey pick the cute one right??

I would let Sarah drive it out, but she is only 13, and a bit of a lead foot.:cool: :p:

Hey Tom, your skills and helping hand will be missed.

Don't worry, I'll be plenty busy - removing a window, re-framing the wall, installing a french door, then watching the Transformers DVD later that night on my big screen Home Theater setup..

I can't wait for t-bird time.

I have another rider with me but I would have to have him drive my truck out because he hasn't ever driven anything that big. Hey I could use it to pull the wood for the fire;)

I did get a few things done today. I got my reciever hook for the rear, A highlift jack, a bumper adapter for the jack, more lights for the roof and for under the truck, and I got my uper shock mount adapters for my T&T Performance shocks so I can install them :D

You asked for it! :D I cleaned it up a bit though...dosn't look so bad now..

my "Thumbnail";)

Thumbnail.jpg

Mine looked a whole lot worse. :D My entire toe was deep purple. I wish I took a pic of it. It is already getting better and is only half purple. hehe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll have empty seats.. I'm coming out alone so I'll have plenty of extra room in the X. I'll be out on Friday.. I plan on leaving Tucson between 9 and 10 am so I "should" be out there by 4:00 p.m. or so on Friday..

~Mark

Back