CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20 | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CA - AZ "newbie run" Truck Haven Oct. 20

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...i gotta go potty....are we there yet??? ...lol...:D

Weather report:

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs 87 to 92. Winds northwest 15 mph. Gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 53 to 61. Winds northwest 15 mph...becoming 20 to 30 mph after midnight. :eek:

Tenters, check yer stakes!

Damn winds, im glad im sleeping in the ex..

Just picked up the Navajo with the new top. All I need to do is put the spare tire and spare axels in the back and I'm ready. It's running smooth, only thing is the PS is making a hell of a noise. Hope it wears off with some use.

I should be there early afternoon.

Anyone else planing on getting there early afternoon?

:D:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Weather report:

Saturday
Mostly sunny. Highs 87 to 92. Winds northwest 15 mph. Gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 53 to 61. Winds northwest 15 mph...becoming 20 to 30 mph after midnight. :eek:

Tenters, check yer stakes!

Don't remind me it been like this for the last couple weeks out there. (Been pulling 28ft double trailers out there) But ya might want to bring a resperator(sp?) too :eek: Dust/Visability has been really bad lately.

...fakrwee, froaders got a small caravan that should be there before you arrive...;)

Total guess here since I haven't towed out there yet, but I'll say we'll get there no later than 1:30pm.

Headed out to load up the trailer.

LOL wow you guys are going to be blown away!!! Those Explorers are going to be rolling downhill when it gusts!

..."against the wind, we'll be running against the wind"...it's been blowing 50 mph plus so 20 will be ok...if my explorer's rockin, well you know,,,lol....:D

..."against the wind, we'll be running against the wind"...it's been blowing 50 mph plus so 20 will be ok...if my explorer's rockin, well you know,,,lol....:D

But on the way back it gonna be another story

oh yeah about the rockin'.......
Click Here:D

You guys should pile in and sleep in FROADER's van .. and pile your rigs on top of the van using the RTI ramp -- to weight it down, so it doesn't get blown over.

Just picked up the Navajo with the new top. All I need to do is put the spare tire and spare axels in the back and I'm ready. It's running smooth, only thing is the PS is making a hell of a noise. Hope it wears off with some use.

I should be there early afternoon.

Anyone else planing on getting there early afternoon?

:D:D:D:D:thumbsup:

I'm trying to get out there afternoon-ish but we'll see. Need a co-pilot out there Tom? I can bring my helmet:D

Not sure when I'l be there:rolleyes: I'm putting the Camshaft Postion sensor in right now which is a majur PITA! I don't see how any one could do this with out the aid of stic-cam:rolleyes: Just got fix the sterring, which should go quick and mount a cb antanna:rolleyes:

My was going to finish up the final welds tomorrow morning on the RTI ramp. I have a feeling it may get there untested:(

Don't remind me it been like this for the last couple weeks out there. (Been pulling 28ft double trailers out there) But ya might want to bring a resperator(sp?) too :eek: Dust/Visability has been really bad lately.

I finally bought some goggles for Truck Haven, just in case!

Not sure when I'l be there:rolleyes: I'm putting the Camshaft Postion sensor in right now which is a majur PITA! I don't see how any one could do this with out the aid of stic-cam:rolleyes:
Are you talking about the SOHC engine? Cauz the CPS (not the CKP) is cake on the SOHC, I think its on the valve cover, held on by one 10 or 13 mm bolt (I think).

Kitchen sink? how can you forget that?:confused:
Two sinks in the RV...:thumbsup:

Dannyboy, I forgot a key element in your girl's route from San Diego to Truckhaven. SR-67 turns into SR-78 as you travel through Ramona. Just keep going east on Main St. I am also sending you a PM just to make sure you get this.

im used to good old 50-60mph winds where i live lol. Its funny to see people drive in that stuff around here when they have no clue how to..Ill be meeting up with Froader and his caravan for my first t-haven trip. No wheeling for my 2wd though, so anyone got an open seat for a thaven rookie lol.

you'll be ok. i did most of thaven in 2wd last time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you'll be ok. i did most of thaven in 2wd last time.
The ride up to the Calcite mines would not be a problem, but I am not too sure about the rest.

Back