Cage Building Party Part Deux??? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cage Building Party Part Deux???

im getting excited.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...stic-o, lmao as we almost did the same thing building my sliders...set a plastic trash can on fire, so the running around part i can relate too...:rolleyes:

...clarkkent, how long before you chop the top and get a windshield back in...:scratch:

...burns, your more than welcome to bring your X out and if you stay long enough we may go wheelin'...:D

To many things going on at this moment for me to drive out. One day boys. One day.....

...clarkkent, how long before you chop the top and get a windshield back in...:scratch:

next week hopefully. i still need to figure out the steering column issue, for some weird reason after we rolled it, my brother took the key out and five minutes later couldnt put it back in?

...i'm making a maybe list for now in the first thread...anyone considering but not sure yet will be put there...

....if you are 100% sure you want in, post up...

...stic-o or rockranger, should we put a 4-5 truck limit on this??? you guys were at the last one and i suspect you guys would know what we should limit this too...:scratch:

I am 100% if it happens at a time i could be there. I can't do may 31-july 12. But based on everyone else's schedules that doesn't look likely.

Hehe, i'm signing up for updates, but not definitely in. But i'm crossing my fingers. If it ends up being just a few hundred dollars each cage like it did for the previous participants, then i'll do it. :D

In response to cyber's post, what about over spring break (march 29-april 4) instead of having a pismo trip.

...and at this point we don't know the cost but i'm sure the material is up..

I would say limit it to 4 trucks max! the only reason we got away with 5 was because the zuk was super simple, being that it is just a box really:rolleyes: and Jefe and I started working on stuff on a friday, so it was really more like 2 1/2 days...

...i just got some over the counter prices, .120 wall...hot rolled 1 1/2"-1 3/4" = about 2.02 a foot pl.tx, ....d.o.m. both, about 4.40 a foot plus tx...:rolleyes:

Is that Price quote just for a single stick or bulk pricing?

...this is a price for the good stuff per stick...when you say bulk pricing at this yard they do sell a lower quality product that they call "bulk price"...this is also only an example of price as there is plates and such that have to also be bought or cut and made, and the price is on the stock market so it changes pretty regular...;)

The number of trucks depends on the difference in body styles. We did two second gens, one first gen, a ranger, and a zuk. As Steve said the zuk took about 45 minutes cause it was just a bunch of 90 degree bends.

3-4 trucks would be best anymore and it will get hectic. Also if no one has any bending experience it will take longer. You will be lucky to get them all notched in a weekend as well.

...no one in this group has bending ability...from what i read in the previous parties thread, this will come to a big slow down without the help of yourself and jefe...

...worse comes to worse my little one and i might need to come down to your house for a weekend and campout, help you with some fabricating and welding (not a welder), and pick up a box you have...:p:...you do have a bender don't you...:D

...i'm wondering how many cases of dr. pepper i need to get to bring jeffe into the party...:scratch:

I think our dr pepper count was 50-60 something cans:D I know it was more then 3 12 packs, Somewhere I have a pic of the trashcan full of DP cans:p:

You also have to remember that Jefe set up this sweet air driven jack for the bender.:thumbsup: and with the help of my dad's old BMW dearlership air compreeser, we cracked them out pretty good. Jefe also had a great knolage of the angles. I really learned alot that weekend;)

With out the air driven system (I belive Dave aka "DB_1" hase a manual bender) and a very large compresser, you'd be lucky to get 1 truck done in a weekend:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wish i lived closer to ya'll

Back