California End of Summer Run 2 Discussion Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Well it may be a little early but I wanted to get some thoughts on it. I was thinking Aug. 26-28th which would be the weekend before Labor Day again. If not then then earlier, because after the 28th we will probbaly not be able to have camp fires. My idea was to do Swap again but on Saturday so more would make it. Not sure if I will drag my truck through it again, it was pretty hard on it. But I plan on having a locker in the rear and some more protection by then. SAS is still down the road :( I think Friday we could just do light stuff and Swamp will take all of Saturday for sure! (took us 11 hrs.) Sunday we'll see what happens after Swamp. I was also thinking using the same camping spot. This was a awsome run last year! :thumbsup:

12287Group1.jpg

For those who missed last year....
2004 Cal End of Summer Run
Return Pictures

I can also put the video back up if anyone would like :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, that was an awsome trip. I would love to go again, Add me to that List I will be their.

I'll be there no matter what! :D I should be 4wd, locked, lifted, and ready by then.

I would love to make this trip. I want to say for sure I will be there, but cant commit at this time.

I'm game. But I say we get a different spot to camp. I hated listening to the big rigs and trucks drive by all day and night.

Anyone Doing Any Norcal Trips. There Has To Be Someone Who Wants To Wheel Here? I AM UP FOR THE END OF SUMMER TRIP, KEEP ME POSTED. ANY, SNOW, EARLY SUMMER OR SUMMER RUNS?

ssdd said:
Anyone Doing Any Norcal Trips. There Has To Be Someone Who Wants To Wheel Here? I AM UP FOR THE END OF SUMMER TRIP, KEEP ME POSTED. ANY, SNOW, EARLY SUMMER OR SUMMER RUNS?

I'm doing a snow run this weekend. If you come up with some ideas let me know. Most the people in Norcal are scared of the dirt! There seems to be only a handfull of us that like to wheel. Pm me if you have any ideas for a run.

No Problem. I Wheel ALL The Time With Jeeps, Yota And Stuff, But Love To Find Other Ex's To Go With. LET ME KNOW IF YA GET TO THE BAY AREA AND COME BY FOR A COLD ONE

Positive Vibes said:
I'm doing a snow run this weekend. If you come up with some ideas let me know. Most the people in Norcal are scared of the dirt! There seems to be only a handfull of us that like to wheel. Pm me if you have any ideas for a run.

Where you goin, Positive? I'll be down in Scotts Valley for three weeks starting in Feb. :cool:

section525 said:
Where you goin, Positive? I'll be down in Scotts Valley for three weeks starting in Feb. :cool:

Pm sent. Didn't want to clog this thead.

So Stico whats the plan? I think your nominated to be Julie the cruise director. :D

ssdd said:
No Problem. I Wheel ALL The Time With Jeeps, Yota And Stuff, But Love To Find Other Ex's To Go With. LET ME KNOW IF YA GET TO THE BAY AREA AND COME BY FOR A COLD ONE

How did all those letters get in lower case? :eek:

I am a maybe at this point. I was planning on running dusy ershim the next weekend over labor day. Not sure if I will be able to pull off planning that much time off of work though. Then i also have to build the truck as well. I hope i can pull it off though.

I'm interested.

I'm interested. I may have an early model 4Runner done by then.

How do you folks feel about the date?

Also Vibes I know you didn't like the camping spot so much, but the traffic wasn't that bad! :rolleyes: Besides it's pretty quiet at night, and it sur beats 2cyls buzzing around every where. This location was good I felt for a few reasons. Good general trail accsess, restrooms close by, and lots of room for more people.

I am to up in the air about dates. I wont know if I will be in town for the event more then a few days befor it happens. So plan it when ever and if I can make it I will

Stic-o said:
How do you folks feel about the date?

Also Vibes I know you didn't like the camping spot so much, but the traffic wasn't that bad! :rolleyes: Besides it's pretty quiet at night, and it sur beats 2cyls buzzing around every where. This location was good I felt for a few reasons. Good general trail accsess, restrooms close by, and lots of room for more people.

True there were some pros about it. We can always camp there and keep our eyes open for other sites when were there. Still have your fire permit??? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just saw this thread, tentativly IN (See about vacation time, etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back