Well it's that time again. This years event:

When:

August 26th-28th, 2005

Where:
Shaver Lake ,Centraly located just east of Fresno, CA

map.jpg

How to get there:

From N. Cal.
Take Hwy 99 South to Fresno. Then take the Hwy 180 East to Hwy. 168 East. Contine up the hill on Hwy. 168. Go up the hill to Shaver Lake

From S. Cal.
Hwy 5 North to Hwy 99 North to Fresno. Then take Hwy. 41 North to Hwy. 180 East to Hwy 168 East. Contine up the hill on Hwy. 168. Go up the hill to Shaver Lake

The Camp
In the works

The Schedule

Friday Aug. 26th: Light off-roading as we wait for everyone to get in.

Saturday Aug. 27th: Swamp Lake OHV~ This trail is 13 miles longs of pure offroading. It will take most of the day to get through this trail. Mininmum 33" tires and one locker is strongly reomended! Body damage possable.

Sunday Aug. 28th: Will see how tired we are and how fast people want to get home.

Eqipment

Some pics from last years event:

12287Bryan2-med.jpg

100_0115.jpg

12287Derick1-med.jpg

100_0130.jpg

Let's Wheel :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still a maybe all depends on job money and truck. for some reason this thread isnt showing up for me unless I go through the link in the old post. Maybe it will show up when this post shows up.

Ohhh Yeahhhhhhh!

The Swamp took us about 12 hours last time, so most of the day is an understatement. ;)

BKennedy said:
Ohhh Yeahhhhhhh!

The Swamp took us about 12 hours last time, so most of the day is an understatement. ;)

But we should do better this year. Right Steve? :D

Positive Vibes said:
But we should do better this year. Right Steve? :D

No doubt! Sence I will be ordering my locker in the next week, and going to buy metal for sliders and stuff on friday ;)

Stic-o said:
No doubt! Sence I will be ordering my locker in the next week, and going to buy metal for sliders and stuff on friday ;)

With you locked up in the rear, and having sliders, we should get through in 30-45 minutes tops..... :p :rolleyes:

More like ten hours instead of 12. That is one bada$% trail!

With all the recent rain and snow, there should be a whole lot of bugs up there this year.

I'm in!

(Wait, where's Jefe? I'm supposed to say "ditto")

Brother_of_Jefe said:
I'm in!

(Wait, where's Jefe? I'm supposed to say "ditto")

Whats next??? Dogs and cats living together, it will be anarchy!!!! :) :( :D ;) :thumbsup: :thumbdwn: :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :eek:

BKennedy said:
Whats next??? Dogs and cats living together, it will be anarchy!!!! :) :( :D ;) :thumbsup: :thumbdwn: :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused: :eek:
:rolleyes:

BKennedy said:
With you locked up in the rear, and having sliders, we should get through in 30-45 minutes tops..... :p :rolleyes:

More like ten hours instead of 12. That is one bada$% trail!

Slider stock is purchased and should be built in the next few weeks and the locker gets ordered tommorrow ;)

For those who went last year, do you remember the camping spot in the forest when we came out of the gates for swamp? There were some people camping there with a campfire.

I was thinking that would be a good spot. Easy to get to but away from all the traffic.

I may be in for this. The terrain looks a lot like the Rubicon. Is it pretty similar?
Also from the people that are going we can probably caravan up there meeting up with people along the way. :thumbsup:

It is a lot like the Rubicon, and just as scenic. Its worth the six-seven hour drive for me just to run the Swamp again.

Omg, im back in school by then, sorry cant make it...

hey guys hows it going? i had tons of fun last year so u can count me in this year. hopefully ill have a 4x4 by then cause i dont wanna take my x off road i hardly made it in camp. if i dont have my 4wd by then is there gonna be room in some ones x?
thanks guys cant wait
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This looks like a lot of fun! I am planning to make it. And maybe get an extra day to find some nearby fishing.

Back