California End of Summer Run 2! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tdavis said:
Brian, we would of just sent your wimpy truck down the Slabs to meet at the bottom.

:D
Ouch!!!

I guess the same place should be okay. I am planning on going up on Wed and coming back Sun or Mon. Anyone else going up early?

BKennedy said:
I guess the same place should be okay. I am planning on going up on Wed and coming back Sun or Mon. Anyone else going up early?

I will not be up till Friday evening. and stay till Monday morning. Should be there around Sunset.

If anyone want's caravan up, I'll be leaving the LA area at around 3-4pm. :rolleyes:

Looks like were good! :D

pic-signs.gif

hey guys whats up i might not make it now my tranny just took a **** on me. but ill try

I doubt I will be making this run. I still havent even been home sence I left for the rubicon. Looks like dusy opened up so tracy and I as of now are planning on running it labor day weekend. Dont think I can get enough time off to do both runs. Plus we have somework to do on tracys jeep.

i'm in! just welded up the rear diff after buying the super fragile e-z locker and sawing all the teeth off it the same week. so, locked and ready to chirp tires all over central ca!

I'm in unless I don't get the front locker back and installed in time.

I have claimed I was comming to about three of these now, and I'm going to do it again...but this time I will say that the chance is kinda small. I would need 'help' with some of the camping stuff, I dont really have an icechest or much of any camping gear besides a sleeping bag and i would probabally be sleeping in the explorer if i did come.

Also considering the fact that I am all stock (unless you count load leveling coil springs on the rear shocks a mod) I wouldnt be able to make any of the runs on Sat. I would have to ride shotgun with someone. I still would like to come out and maybe see if i could get someone to join me out on some of the easier trails (cause i am a major novice when it comes to wheeling)

Dispite all these things I still would like to come, hang out and tag allong with someone on the runs. If some of you guys that go out and do this a lot feel that it would be better to sit it out and wait for another run just say so, no hard feelings:)

Christobal65 said:
I have claimed I was comming to about three of these now, and I'm going to do it again...but this time I will say that the chance is kinda small. I would need 'help' with some of the camping stuff, I dont really have an icechest or much of any camping gear besides a sleeping bag and i would probabally be sleeping in the explorer if i did come.

Also considering the fact that I am all stock (unless you count load leveling coil springs on the rear shocks a mod) I wouldnt be able to make any of the runs on Sat. I would have to ride shotgun with someone. I still would like to come out and maybe see if i could get someone to join me out on some of the easier trails (cause i am a major novice when it comes to wheeling)

Dispite all these things I still would like to come, hang out and tag allong with someone on the runs. If some of you guys that go out and do this a lot feel that it would be better to sit it out and wait for another run just say so, no hard feelings:)

Honestly,

I would say pass on this run. The run you need to do which is perfect for you is a TruckHaven Run. We will probally be heading out there again in late October at the earliest. Another fun run would be up to Hungry Valley in Sept.

Stic-o said:
Honestly,

I would say pass on this run. The run you need to do which is perfect for you is a TruckHaven Run. We will probally be heading out there again in late October at the earliest. Another fun run would be up to Hungry Valley in Sept.
Good to know i will just wait for the next Truck Haven run, i just hope i dont have other plans that weekend :)

Bring on the Swamp!!!!! :thumbsup:

So when is everybody heading up there? :rolleyes:

In
Bkenndy
Jefe
Brother of Jefe
Goliath
Stic-o

Maybe
Froader
Positive Vibes

and is there is any change in the list above? I have not heard a update on Jobunn, Waiting here this week on Jefe trans, waiting to here on Froaders front locker.

Last edited:

Stic-o said:
So when is everybody heading up there? :rolleyes:

In
Bkenndy
Jefe
Brother of Jefe
Jobunn
Goliath
Stic-o

Maybe
Froader
Positive Vibes

and is there is any change in the list above? I have not heard a update on Jobunn, Waiting here this week on Jefe trans, waiting to here on Froaders front locker.

heading up friday early, gonna try to be there by 9am and run an easy run fri. then its SWAMP on sat, dont know about sunday run yet, but need to leave for home in the afternoon.

later
joshua

goliath said:
heading up friday early, gonna try to be there by 9am and run an easy run fri. then its SWAMP on sat, dont know about sunday run yet, but need to leave for home in the afternoon.
John and I are about the same, though we may come up Thurs night.

Jefe said:
John and I are about the same, though we may come up Thurs night.
"ditto"
(although I think it goes without saying . . . )

Hell, Tcase troubles all the way around. My 4405 is shot, finally gave up, maybe the magnets stopped working which I could probably fix it with some new ones from my fridge... :rolleyes: I have a 1354 manual coming to me but don't know if it will be here in time to install. Still gonna try and make it but can't do it without 4x4. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jobunn said:
Hell, Tcase troubles all the way around. My 4405 is shot, finally gave up, maybe the magnets stopped working which I could probably fix it with some new ones from my fridge... :rolleyes: I have a 1354 manual coming to me but don't know if it will be here in time to install. Still gonna try and make it but can't do it without 4x4. :(

Joe Where did get the Manual 1354 from? and how much? :(

I should have put a manual in when Ford replased it at 90k miles. But I didn't know I would be wheeling like this then :rolleyes:

Back