California End of Summer Run 2! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2!

I got lucky. I had been looking for one for awhile and saw a guy on here from Arizona 2 weeks ago selling the 1354 manual out of a 1994 Explorer with all the linkage, missing just the shift knob and rubber boot. I paid about $340 shipped. He had lots of stuff for sale so I'll see if he has another one for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jobunn said:
I got lucky. I had been looking for one for awhile and saw a guy on here from Arizona 2 weeks ago selling the 1354 manual out of a 1994 Explorer with all the linkage, missing just the shift knob and rubber boot. I paid about $340 shipped. He had lots of stuff for sale so I'll see if he has another one for you.

Broke right now, I'm done doing stuff to the truck for this year after I finish the sliders this weekend.

I got what I wanted done this year on the truck. Next year~ SAS :D

How is your computer going to like that? will it work OK? :rolleyes: I thought we needed to have 98+ t-case, or do you just yank the 4x4 bulb :p

Stic-o said:
How is your computer going to like that? will it work OK? :rolleyes: I thought we needed to have 98+ t-case, or do you just yank the 4x4 bulb :p
Um, it'll like it just as well as mine. (And, yes, pull the 4x4 bulbs ;) )

Jefe said:
Um, it'll like it just as well as mine. (And, yes, pull the 4x4 bulbs ;) )

So not having the T-case plugged in will not through codes ...right? (smog :( )

Stic-o said:
So not having the T-case plugged in will not through codes ...right? (smog :( )
No, no CEL or PCM codes. just GEM codes

Looks like Swamp maybe a little tuffer this year.

These are pics from a group who did it last weekend, and will be up there the smae weekend as us.

swamp3.jpg

swamp1.jpg

damn!!!!! hope y'all have rocksliders!!! :eek:

That doesn't look too much harder than when we did it. That is the spot in the bottom of the canyon where Stic-o got hung up between a few large rocks.

I'm thinking, "maybe I should load up the zuk and head down for saturday.."

BKennedy said:
That doesn't look too much harder than when we did it. That is the spot in the bottom of the canyon where Stic-o got hung up between a few large rocks.

Is that the spot that you came up to get me and stuck, then I got out by myself :D

Tom Come on down! We'd love to have ya. ;)

sup Jason! Think I posted sayin some stuff in another thread on here, can't remember for sure tho. I'll send ya a PM

I may be able to make it, can the first days runs be handled by a stocker? and for the second days runs anyone have an open seat?

Ford4x4Addict said:
also - will wwe be camping or hotelling it
No one on this run is a hotel wheeler, we camp out. :p

BKennedy said:
No one on this run is a hotel wheeler, we camp out. :p

I'm sorry what's that thing you tow behind your truck? :p

Stic-o said:
Is that the spot that you came up to get me and stuck, then I got out by myself :D

Tom Come on down! We'd love to have ya. ;)

I think it is.........Its also the spot where I watched Vibes' diff guard stop his truck from sliding sideways off a large boulder by slamming into another boulder. I could not believe that the bolts were strong enough to withstand the hit, but they did. When it hit, all I could think of was...........now how are we going to fix that. :eek:

And Tom.........get your Zuk out there!!!

Stic-o said:
I'm sorry what's that thing you tow behind your truck? :p
Its a trailer, no room service.....haven't figured out how yet. The shower is nice though.

Anyone know about fire restrictions up there??

You notice in that first picture that guy is towing a trailer?? I think our X's will fit okay. On a second look, I think that is the last big rock garden as you crest a ridge before heading down into the trees. I had to use my sliders to make the turns through there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy said:
Its a trailer, no room service.....haven't figured out how yet. The shower is nice though.

Anyone know about fire restrictions up there??

You notice in that first picture that guy is towing a trailer?? I think our X's will fit okay. On a second look, I think that is the last big rock garden as you crest a ridge before heading down into the trees. I had to use my sliders to make the turns through there.

Sliders get finished this weekend ;) I think I'm try to get a skid plate on the front too.

Back