• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

California End of Summer Run 2!

jobunn

Elite Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Santa Clarita, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I got lucky. I had been looking for one for awhile and saw a guy on here from Arizona 2 weeks ago selling the 1354 manual out of a 1994 Explorer with all the linkage, missing just the shift knob and rubber boot. I paid about $340 shipped. He had lots of stuff for sale so I'll see if he has another one for you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
jobunn said:
I got lucky. I had been looking for one for awhile and saw a guy on here from Arizona 2 weeks ago selling the 1354 manual out of a 1994 Explorer with all the linkage, missing just the shift knob and rubber boot. I paid about $340 shipped. He had lots of stuff for sale so I'll see if he has another one for you.

Broke right now, I'm done doing stuff to the truck for this year after I finish the sliders this weekend.

I got what I wanted done this year on the truck. Next year~ SAS :D

How is your computer going to like that? will it work OK? :rolleyes: I thought we needed to have 98+ t-case, or do you just yank the 4x4 bulb :p

Jefe

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4
Stic-o said:
How is your computer going to like that? will it work OK? :rolleyes: I thought we needed to have 98+ t-case, or do you just yank the 4x4 bulb :p
Um, it'll like it just as well as mine. (And, yes, pull the 4x4 bulbs ;) )

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Jefe said:
Um, it'll like it just as well as mine. (And, yes, pull the 4x4 bulbs ;) )

So not having the T-case plugged in will not through codes ...right? (smog :( )

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Looks like Swamp maybe a little tuffer this year.

These are pics from a group who did it last weekend, and will be up there the smae weekend as us.

swamp3.jpg

swamp1.jpg

Exploderpilot

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Nuevo, CA (where?)
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Titan SE
what up josh?

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
That doesn't look too much harder than when we did it. That is the spot in the bottom of the canyon where Stic-o got hung up between a few large rocks.

tdavis

Linux Guru, Jack of All Trades
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
I'm thinking, "maybe I should load up the zuk and head down for saturday.."

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
BKennedy said:
That doesn't look too much harder than when we did it. That is the spot in the bottom of the canyon where Stic-o got hung up between a few large rocks.

Is that the spot that you came up to get me and stuck, then I got out by myself :D

Tom Come on down! We'd love to have ya. ;)

Ford4x4Addict

Reaction score
City, State
salinas, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I may be able to make it, can the first days runs be handled by a stocker? and for the second days runs anyone have an open seat?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
BKennedy said:
No one on this run is a hotel wheeler, we camp out. :p

I'm sorry what's that thing you tow behind your truck? :p

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Stic-o said:
Is that the spot that you came up to get me and stuck, then I got out by myself :D

Tom Come on down! We'd love to have ya. ;)

I think it is.........Its also the spot where I watched Vibes' diff guard stop his truck from sliding sideways off a large boulder by slamming into another boulder. I could not believe that the bolts were strong enough to withstand the hit, but they did. When it hit, all I could think of was...........now how are we going to fix that. :eek:

And Tom.........get your Zuk out there!!!

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Stic-o said:
I'm sorry what's that thing you tow behind your truck? :p
Its a trailer, no room service.....haven't figured out how yet. The shower is nice though.

Anyone know about fire restrictions up there??

You notice in that first picture that guy is towing a trailer?? I think our X's will fit okay. On a second look, I think that is the last big rock garden as you crest a ridge before heading down into the trees. I had to use my sliders to make the turns through there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
BKennedy said:
Its a trailer, no room service.....haven't figured out how yet. The shower is nice though.

Anyone know about fire restrictions up there??

You notice in that first picture that guy is towing a trailer?? I think our X's will fit okay. On a second look, I think that is the last big rock garden as you crest a ridge before heading down into the trees. I had to use my sliders to make the turns through there.

Sliders get finished this weekend ;) I think I'm try to get a skid plate on the front too.