Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!! | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all NC Wheelers!!!!!!!!

Count me in for now.

Few pics from last saturday
Linville_Gorge_022.jpg

Linville_Gorge_023.jpg

Linville_Gorge_024.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will be there with bells on. What time at the outpost is everyone meeting? I am planning on camping the whole weekend with the wife. Friday, Sat, Wheel and packup sunday and come home.

Some of the sites seem to be kind of large I have seen a motor home on the road camping once, so it shouldn't be a problem to camp in a big spot. However most people camp on the trail. I don't know what day(S) I'll be down there, so I will just plan on the weekend. I'll send a PM to Larry and Josh to see if they are going.

Are any of you planning on going to uwharrie when it opens in april me and a couple of my buddies are so if anyone wants to come with they can i will have more details later, but right i just had to see my x get hauled off on a roll back with a blown engine. Yes its a sad day for me haha. But if anyone wants to go or set up their run let me know i should have my truck back in a week or 2.

what are you guys running anyone with sas or 35's etc.

Dont forget to pm LimitedEX also. aka Caleb and let him know. since your sending out pm's

I'm bone stock but I like to see how hard I can beat it into doing stuff that most people say it wont. You know, because I don't care.

I'll PM Caleb now and make sure he's up to speed.

Guys, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys thinking of me for this:thumbsup: So I am casting my ballot in and am going to really bust my tail to get my vehicle in a state to where I don't feel my life is threatened when I drive it! Zhanx, you remember the excuse I gave you the last time you invited me wheeling? Well, my vehicle has not been touched since then:( This just adds a little fuel to the fire to get my ****e together and get working on that thing!

The date(s) is(are) the 13th, 14th, and 15th, correct?

The date(s) is(are) the 13th, 14th, and 15th, correct?

Yup-Yup! Let me know if I can help you out Caleb. I'll do what I can. Besides, I do live 7 minutes away.:D

Is that opening weekend?

Yup-Yup! Let me know if I can help you out Caleb. I'll do what I can. Besides, I do live 7 minutes away.:D

Mostly just maintenance stuff. But I need to get the death wobble handled. Because its no fun driving and fearing for your life. So I am going to swap in some stock shackles, see what that does, and if push comes to shove, I will put my old 34s tires back on.

IF I can get the $$, then I may throw on some new tie rod ends and balljoints. Anyone know of a decent fix for a leaking aluminum radiator by chance?

And I have a little storage project going on in the rear cargo area I need to finish up. Its only been 7 months....:rolleyes:

Is that opening weekend?

:thumbsup: Opens April First.:thumbsup:

Anyone know of a decent fix for a leaking aluminum radiator by chance?

Bars leak will work wonders...You know, as long as there isn't a tree truck sized hole. I have seen it fix a hole the size of a Bic pin for like 4 years.:eek:

i second the bars i am currently using it on mine to fix like to pin holes.

and caleb. we really need to talk about tellico at lunch on this run.

and caleb. we really need to talk about tellico at lunch on this run.

WERD:thumbsup:

So I need to go to Advance Auto and pick up some Bars Leak? Thats the name right?

Limited, what are these olds 34's you speak of...? I'm looking for some 33's or 34's to run for a little while.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are some 34x12.50 15 Trxxus MTs. At one point in time I was trying my darndest to get rid of them, but right now I want to hang on to them. They may end up going back on my Explorer if I can't get the wobble thing worked out without spending a lot of money!

Back