Calling all x's that are lifted 2.5"-3" front and 1.75" rear | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calling all x's that are lifted 2.5"-3" front and 1.75" rear

03explorer90

Reaction score
City, State
Burlington, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer EB
Basically would love to see pictures as no one was helpful in my first thread and some advice on 3" vs 2.5" and best brand to go with. It will be a pavement queen so no worries on offroading. Also those who ran small rear spacer such as 1.75 how does it look with a higher front? I would like a bit of lean is my goal. Thanks for the advice

Basically would love to see pictures as no one was helpful in my first thread and some advice on 3" vs 2.5" and best brand to go with. It will be a pavement queen so no worries on offroading. Also those who ran small rear spacer such as 1.75 how does it look with a higher front? I would like a bit of lean is my goal. Thanks for the advice

BTF Fabrication is a good brand and you can order any size you need if you call. http://www.btf-fab.com/

Spacer height doesn't equal lift height. it ends up being about 1.5x the height of the spacer. I'd go with a smaller spacer in the rear because of the forward rake these trucks have....levels things out. If you want the stance to be the same as stock then just get the same size spacers front and rear. I would stay with something like 1.5" or maybe 1.75" on spacer heights (that applies to both front and rear). Makes for a nicer ride, easier to install, a bit easier to get the suspension aligned, and less stress on the upper balljoints in the front.

There are tons of pics of all kinds of spacer combinations in the Roadbully spacer lift thread at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum. Roadbully is not doing business here anymore FYI.

Back