Camber Bushing Kit...what angle is stock replacement?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camber Bushing Kit...what angle is stock replacement??

beckhm1991

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle (Capitol Hill), Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I am in the process of overhauling the front end...U-joints, ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, wheel bearings, etc. One of my camber adjusting sleeves/bushings is pretty mangled and I need a replacement kit, figure I should replace both sides while I am at it. The parts store sells kits with camber angle between 0 and 3.5 degrees, my 1991 explorer is completely stock except for Geolander 30x9.5" tires, would anyone know what kit is required for a stock replacement?? Need to get my car put back together cannot do much without camber sleeves.

If it isnt marked on the sleeve then you will have to take it up to the parts store and compare it to the others or take it to an alignment shop and they will tell you what you need.
There really int a set camber sleeve for factory vehicles beacause each one is a little different. Also your truck probably has been aligned some time in its lifespan so chances are the factory sleeve isn't in there.

should be numbers stamped on top of the eccentric, unless someone has beaten the what out of it. There is no "stock" part, depends on where the caster/camber are at the time of allignment

Thanks for the replies, I am not very familiar with the dynamics of what is involved with an algnment and was not aware that these camber adjusting sleeves may be replaced at some point with something other than what comes from the factory. The sleeves that were in the vehicle were pretty dang rusty and the pressed numbers were far from legible, even with a wire brushing. I took them down to the local alignment shop, and the guy there told me to slap them back in, get the car put back together and 'brang the rig on down to his place' and get the alignment done, at that point he will determine what sleeves it needs ot get the camber adjusted correctly. Don't know unless you ask. Thanks

Back