Camera recording? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camera recording?

Ryan Elliott

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Picking up our ST tomorrow but it's going straight to a detail shop for any paint correction needed, full detail, and ceramic coating. Have a question I'm curious about before getting my hands on the manual.

Does anyone know if you can record with the various cameras? I see a dashcam listed as an official accessories, but it seems asanine and redundant given the vehicle already has the multitude of cameras.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I checked my downloaded copy of the 2020 Manual and did not see anything related to being able to record with the cameras.

Peter

This isn't a tesla

All the cameras have realtime duties only. No recording. I added a dashcam as have others.

has anyone tried to install a DVR recorder for the cameras on the 2020 limited explorer?

has anyone tried to install a DVR recorder for the cameras on the 2020 limited explorer?
Your thread was merged with this one.
The cameras are only active under certain conditions so it would not be ideal for recording if that is even possible.

Peter

All the cameras have realtime duties only. No recording. I added a dashcam as have others.

What power source is everyone using for the dash cam? Love that I was able to tap into my powered mirror in my 17 for power. Eventually will buy a new explorer and a dash cam is a must for me that powers on/off automatically with the car.

Back