• Register Today It's free!

Camp, Shoot & Wheel Weekend?

Happy Jack

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
March 19-21. Chili feed (let me know if you need hotdogs instead and how many) Saturday evening at the Fancy Creek Campground.(Donation) Rain/bad weather plan will move to Sizlin in Manhattan. Saturday mornin fry bread and bacon breakfast. Bring yer own toppings/additions. I can bring a box of pancake mix for Sunday morning if folks want to do a pancake feed. Last time I was there the restaurant was closed Sunday morning. Again I need to know. I plan to shoot Saturday and get the group meal ready. The range opens at 10:00 AM Saturday and if the weather is nice the pistol range fills up fast. The rifle range has plenty of room. I have some irons folks can use. Just let me know so we can work out the details.

For wheeling folks need to meet up in the parking lot of the ORV area at 10:00 AM.

Anyone want to be a Camping Zar? I may wheel a little bit Friday, or Saturday, and then Sunday if I still feel ok.

I will provide the chili and all the fixins(cheese, tortias, chips, bowls, spoons, napkins, ect...). Cobbler makins. A bit of sippin whiskey fer the campfire. And some cigars.

You need to provide your own beverage. Bring a chair if you have one.

HappyJack (3)(maybe +2) Cobbler Zar(brother), Shootin & Chili Zar Wichita, KS

Elessar65 (2) Fire God Zar Manhattan, KS

Tracy (?)

Flip4ford (4) Newton, KS

Bigswede (1) Hot Dog Zar Wamego, KS

Ultramagdan (3) Marysville, KS

82’stepside/ Heep O’ Jeep (2)(Maybe +2) Abilene, KS

Centurion (1) Lawrence, KS

Husker (2) Manhattan, KS

Thomas67/76Highboy (1) Nebraska

93Ranger4x4 (2) Wheeling Zar Kansas City

Bourbonator (3) Ellsworth, KS

Maybe ??????

80351 (2) Wyoming

Scott (?)

Dennis (?)

GPS on camp I want to be at or near: N 39 26.677 W 96 44.037

CB Channel 13

Cell Number: Thre One Sax Sax For Oh One Sevan Ate Ate

Park/Camping Fees: http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/State-Parks/Park-Fees

Randolph Motel: http://local.yahoo.com/info-17953207...motel-randolph

Maps: http://www.mappyjack.com/Tmaps.htm

Shooting: http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/Other-Se...cy-Creek-Range

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am definitely up for it, I live in Manhattan, so no excuse not to right?

i'm sorry to say jack that i can't make it, as i'm having surgery on my hand the 29th of this month and i would have loved to go.

Man, that sucks that you are going to be down for that long Steve. Hopefully everything goes well for you when it happens.

I posted that thinking Frostbite was in January. I found out Frostbite is the weekend between those two. Man this was soooo much easier afore KS Rocks. I don't want to take anything away from them or make folks choose. I have this on a few other boards. So I think we'll try for the third weekend in March. The range will be open and no Easter stuff that I can find. So March 19-20?

Whenever is fine with me, I'm 15 min away, lol.

i'm sorry to say jack that i can't make it, as i'm having surgery on my hand the 29th of this month and i would have loved to go.

Hope it all gose well and you have quick recovery. I don't do a lot of wheeling up there. And sometimes I just ride along. But I love to camp and cook and shoot a bit. Yer welcome to come up and hang out. Ifn' ya haven't tasted a bit of Bulliet Bourbon ya should. I try to get set up then kick back to get ready for saturday evening. If I get camp set up in time I might wheel a bit friday. And if we have some folks up friday evneing I could cook pizza.

Man, that sucks that you are going to be down for that long Steve. Hopefully everything goes well for you when it happens.

maybe alot longer than that, and my ranger is a manual shift so it's going to be parked and drop the insurance for a while, man this is just not right this time of year. but the insurance company said they wanted it on the 29th
and i didn't have any thing to say about it :thumbdwn:

i'll see how i feel then jack and if i can make it i'll throw the t/k5 in the back and drop it off with you, i know the line is out in the shed just have to dig it out

OK. I picked up a TK4 when I didn't get a PM back from you on the other board. But I know a guy who would like it. He'll be at CS&W. So if you want to sell it and it has a good hydralic line and the throw out bearing fork is in good shape just let me know when and where. Or if you have another buyer feel free to sell it. But we really need to know for sure.

OK. But I know a guy who would like it. He'll be at CS&W. So if you want to sell it and it has a good hydralic line and the throw out bearing fork is in good shape just let me know when and where. Or if you have another buyer feel free to sell it. But we really need to know for sure.
Hey I know that guy!!! Its Me :p 88Coming up- If you are at KRocks for Frost bite I can talk to you then-- If not I can talk to you At CS&W :) Send me a message if need be. I check this board once every other day. :)

Hey I know that guy!!! Its Me :p 88Coming up- If you are at KRocks for Frost bite I can talk to you then-- If not I can talk to you At CS&W :) Send me a message if need be. I check this board once every other day. :)

we'll just have to see how i feel as the 29th of this month my right index finger is getting cut off due to a work injury, i may show up or not. but the tranny isn't going any where, i've had it here for 5 years and it was in the truck that jack sold me his 6 in. bds lift for. i should have checked the boards as i just got back from holmbolt, ks. tonight

K. There is a Utah trip in April that I might do. And I'll most likely get the Rider/Driver Wanted thread back up for it when I get the dates. There is a weekend Utah trip in early March but unless I can talk them into making it a week long deal I will not drive that far for a weekend. I really like March 19th-21st. I wish it could be earlier but I want to give folks time to recover from Frostbite. If folks want another date let me know and I'll get a poll up. I will give this 2 weeks and if I get other dates I will run a poll on the dates for 2 weeks. If there are no other dates submited in the next two weeks I'll lock it in for March 19-21.

Other dates need to be the first or third weekend of the month as those are the weekends that the range is open for the shooting part.

Just wondering how the hand is 88comingup?

I should be able to come wheel with being at school in Manhattan its just a short drive over.

Hopefully the trails will start to dry out, we went out there yesterday and all of the trails were mud covered. It made it a little bit more interesting but not impossible to get through just some more wheel spin.

Most times I like Feb cause stuff is still frozen. March is a muddy month and some folks like that. Also a bit warmer. If someone has a another date they'd like considered ya have till Saturday ta git it posted. Then Sunday morning I'll either lock the date in or post up the poll.

As March is a wet month the plan will be to have a group meal/gathereing Saturday evening at Fancy Creek campground north of Randolph KS. I will provide chili, tortias, cheese, onion, corn chips, napkins and plates, spoons, forks, ect. I will also have some hot dogs and buns for folks who don't like chili. And I'll have some cobbler makins.

My chili is chili. It is not chili with beans. If you want beans for your chili you need to bring them. I eat my chili in a bowl with some cheese and onion top and have a spoon in one have and a flour tortia in the other. Some folks put corn chips in the bowl first, others put a hot dog on a bun under the chili.

I have nothing for a shelter for this so if we are rained out we will just go to town for a meal somewhere. I might get a poll up for plan B on where folks would like to go. Bring your own drinks. I'll have a little bit of sippin whiskey for the campfire. But that is just for tasting. Yer welcome to a taste if you not camping and a second if you are camping at the campground. I'll take up a collection at the group meal or if we are rained out ya'll will need to buy your own meal.

If folks who camp or are close want to gtg for another group meal we can do that also. I think the last time I was there the restaurant in Randolph had a all you can eat breakfast on saturday morning. And we could do something friday evening or sunday morning if folks want. Just let me know.

Now I always ask fer help. So ifin ya want a szar position just let me know. Ya kin even have an assistant szar if ya want. I like to have a cobbler szar and a hot dog grill szar. And I wouldn't mind a chili vice chair.

Now if the weather is nice I'll have a bit of fire wood for friday and saturday evening. Std. campfire rules apply. First liar don't stand a chance.

Just wondering how the hand is 88comingup?

hand is doing good i guess the doctor i have is a real pr*ck, we had it out in post-op. It all started when i asked about pain mangt. he told me ice was going to be my best freind, basicly told me to take tylenol for the pain. after cutting a 5th of my hand off. won't give me any thing for the pain but what
i have been taking for the last year

March 19-21 it is. No charge to attend. No charge to wheel. There are fees to camp and shoot. If you join us at Fancy Creek for a group meal and campfire there is a day fee. And I will take up a collection to cover some of the cost of the meal. I need to know how many will attend so I know how much stuff to bring. Bring your own drinks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in for sure. Figure on plus 1 for me, not sure if the GF will want to come or not, but better to have too much stuff than not enough right?

Back