Camping/Living Mods for '95 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camping/Living Mods for '95 Explorer

Drew up some plans last night for the mod I originally posted about last, looking like it's gonna be taking out the back and building a series of compartments that are accessible through trapdoors or cabinet doors through the back, use the extra space where the seats were for all my climbing gear and then topping all that with a plywood piece that stretches from the front seat to the tailgate. I want to also build the middle compartment in the back on sliders so it can slide out 3-4 feet or so and then have legs that fold from the bottom to have a table, then opening the tailgate and draping some kind of screen/tent material from the top of the tailgate to make a tent out of the open tailgate.
As soon I have it done I'll post my pics.

Gotta 98 xlt and mine clicks all the way down so my lights don't turn on if my doors are open. I never have mine on. Darker the better

This is an old post but I'll chime in anyway. I spliced in a switch behind the headlight switch that let's me turn the dome lights off. It works great when working in the cab and also turns off the key buzzer. I call it the drive - in switch.
Fyi, it's the green wire.

Back