Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..I have a chance to camp 1 night between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe before the weather turns.

...I am hoping to make it to Tahoe before nightfall but may not make it in time so I thought I would ask here..

If you had one night to tent/car camp somewhere between the two, where would you head to as the most scenic or best because campsite?

The most bang for the buck spot..:scratch:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the shore at Fordyce Lake. May be a little cold though!

Cisco Exit off I-80. On North side of I80. Left at the t then right on the dirt road just before the paid campground. Follow the dirt road for a while then it will start to get rough as it drops down to the lake. Easily doable in either of your trucks.

...I might be pressed for time but how long a drive from the hwy exit?

...looks like a small storm may be rolling thru the day I will be there...hi 50/25 low....

..My luck I'd get snowed in.. :)

..It's looking more like I can make the Lake Tahoe area before dark..

..I'm leaning toward the west side for camping if that is where I head to, but open to all suggestions as I will be coming up from Diamond Springs..

..So the new search criteria would be somewhere between Diamond Springs and Lake Tahoe which I would be pushing hard to make by dark..

..Any awesome spots to seek out between the two for an overnight must see campsite? I know we also have members who live in the area who might be able to share an awesome place they like to go to..:popcorn:

..I so wanted to do Fordyce but the weather was against me...

..The big "W" was blowing above and the weather stalled over Tahoe and west of there holding the cold and misting clouds in so I wound up getting a room in Lake Tahoe for the night.

...It was really nice the next morning walking along the shore after taking a nice hot shower to warm up..People in the area were already getting excited as you could feel the ski season was near..:)

Back