Camping/Wheeling August 7th/8th

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I'm not sure if its allowed that I post about this here, hopefully Rick won't mind... but theres another Ford Truck Club in town that is going camping August 7th/8th at Saxon Mountain, which is the trail our club has "adopted" with the US Forest Service. For those that aren't familiar with that trail, it connects Georgetown and Idaho Springs, south of I-70, and is listed as moderate, or one of the more difficult easy trails. It can be done in a stock truck with 4-wheel drive, or 2-wheel drive with a lift (the main issue is hitting your bottom on the many rocks that stick out). We are meeting at the Safeway in Idaho Springs at 10am August 7th and heading up there. We're also having a pot luck that night so if you plan on going, plan on bringing something :).
If you are interested, check out www.rmftc.com and go to forums, and the events and happenings forum. Again, this isn't an advertisement fo rthe other site so hopefully it won't get removed, just trying to get other people that want to go in on it.

cool

Back