Camshaft Code | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camshaft Code

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Put in another motor into my sons 2002 Explorer, runs great, starts good but still can't get rid of the code. New starter, new alternator, new camshaft sensor and connector. Used the timing tool etc. What am I missing?
One thing to note, the truck is a 2002 flex fuel, engine is a 2001 non flex fuel (sport trak), the left side head is a 2002, could this be the issue. The motor was stripped down to just the block, all parts and accessories are from the original 2002.

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the code # and what does it reference?

Quick question, when doing the timing and after the camshafts are set correctly do I put in the tensioners before or after tightening the camshaft sprocket bolts?

Tensoiners should be last after tightening the sprocket bolts.

Tension device only catches slack side of chain.

Rotate twice in direction of rotation and check timing again to verify it is correct.

Thanks
Can you let me know if I am doing this right
I will got it at TDC, then if the tool will not go on I will move the camshaft until it will go on then loosen the sprocket bolt and let the sprocket move to where it is supposed to be then tighten the sprocket back up?

Another video.

Back