Camshaft position sensor help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camshaft position sensor help

Tkcobrasvt

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville
I'm wondering your guys input on a 5.0 camshaft position sensor. I'm wanting to put one on my 95 mustang cobra. I'm trying to put an m112 eaton supercharger on it and I want to do away with my distributor so it can be center mounted on my intake. I've see others center mount the m112 but they have to use a 6 in cowl hood to do so. I'm trying to make a way to do this using stock hoods and really make a reasonable kit I can start selling. You all think this could be done still using my stock cobra computer? I know I'll have to splice some wiring for the coil packs. Just want some input it ideas. Thanks!!!

Start here

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/distributorless-ignition-system-thoughts.710372/

Will am M112 fit under the hood even if you were able to mount it with a very short intercooler, injector rail and plenum? I'm no expert, but I just can't really recall a 95 having a lot of room up front above the accessory drive, and you only realistically gain an inch or two after removing the dizzy because it sits pretty low in relation to the plenum.

Good luck with it though. I think you'd probably be better off with an EEC-IV style system though using a crank trigger and ignition control module from an older crown vic.

How many coil packs do you have?
1996+ 5.0L Explorer has four, with dual HV output, that might be the way.

Back