Can Anyone Confirm Engine Noise Enhancement? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Anyone Confirm Engine Noise Enhancement?

1995E

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 + 11 Ex both XLT
So I heard that Ford might be enhancing the sounds of the Ecoboost 2.3L with the stereo and also the 3.5L Ecoboost with the F-150. Are they doing the same right now with the Sports and regular engines?

Can someone from Ford confirm this? I'd really like to know if the engine noise is "faked".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I heard that Ford might be enhancing the sounds of the Ecoboost 2.3L with the stereo and also the 3.5L Ecoboost with the F-150. Are they doing the same right now with the Sports and regular engines?

Can someone from Ford confirm this? I'd really like to know if the engine noise is "faked".

Obviously not from Ford, but I believe they are only doing this for the F150 and Mustang EB models. The speakers play a v8 soundtrack under hard acceleration. Yes, folks, this is what our money pays for…fakeness. In fairness to Ford, they aren't the first. BMW has been doing for years…on the m3 or m5 maybe?

Don;t even get me started on fake gearing for continuous variable transmissions.

I think they should give you the option to turn off that shtuff! I want the car as quiet as possible!

I'd like to make a request to Ford to allow for the option to turn that off. I'm sure they can software wise because of the fact that if you open the door, it will disable that crap. Some people just want to hear the whine of the turbos. It doesn't have to sound like V8, we don't need fakeness. We want real stuff. Give us an option to turn it off.

I'm saying this because I'm afraid if I buy a Ford in the future, I'll just get fake noise and it's annoying.

I bought a new 2012 Mustang GT and it had a 1 1/4" tube running from the intake to the cabin just so you can hear the "growl". The only way to turn it off is to remove it and plug the opening in the intake, which I did as soon as I figured out what it was.
Talk about "Fake Noise".

I'd like to make a request to Ford to allow for the option to turn that off.

Even better, just don't develop the technology and pass the savings on to the consumer.

At first I thought this thread was a joke. It should be. They should take the time and money they are spending on anything and everything remotely related to an activity like this and just fix all niggling MFT issues that have existed since 2011.

At first I thought this thread was a joke. It should be. They should take the time and money they are spending on anything and everything remotely related to an activity like this and just fix all niggling MFT issues that have existed since 2011.

I thought it was a joke too... Then I realized it was an actual thing from car reviews...

It's honestly as sad as this:

Wait, am I reading this right that people want/Ford provided a capability where V8-type "sounds" come through the speakers?

Seriously???!!!!

I would not ever buy a product that had that BS in it unless it could be permanently disabled. Holy wow talk about the ultimate in ******-fakery. *palmface*

I hope the Ford Customer Service forwards our feelings about this fake noise enhancement and provides the ability to turn it off.

Thinking about it, you are not actually hearing your engine's true noises, but what the exhaust system was tuned for. Change the mufflers & you get a different sound. Change the intake tube and you also change the intake noise. Ford's Active Noise Control does the same, only using the speakers. How effective is it or how real the sound is, we need to test drive it to determine. But from the reviews of the Ecoboost Mustang, drivers were never aware of the system until they were told about it.

Thinking about it, you are not actually hearing your engine's true noises, but what the exhaust system was tuned for. Change the mufflers & you get a different sound. Change the intake tube and you also change the intake noise. Ford's Active Noise Control does the same, only using the speakers. How effective is it or how real the sound is, we need to test drive it to determine. But from the reviews of the Ecoboost Mustang, drivers were never aware of the system until they were told about it.

Understood Omar. However coming from a guy that had a '72 Chevelle muscle-car and a 2012 Camaro SS with after-market exhaust, chip, intake...unless I am buying some sort of SuperSport Explorer (above and beyond the Sport of today), I want my SUV *QUIET*. It is an SUV, a multi-purpose vehicle, not a muscle-truck.

I hope the Ford Customer Service forwards our feelings about this fake noise enhancement and provides the ability to turn it off.

Hi 1995E,

I'll be happy to document your feedback. Just send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, and any specifics you'd like me to include. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back