Can anyone help me lift my 92 Ford Explorer? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can anyone help me lift my 92 Ford Explorer?

liftthebitch

Reaction score
City, State
fresno, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer 4x4
i just got a 92 FORD EXPLORER 4 DOOR 4X4 WITH A 4.0 A/T. I have a set of 35 inch spampers that r worn out i am getting 33inch allterain tires. and for wheels i have jus the normal 4x4 black wheels with the red and blue pin strip. what are my options to get the lift i need to clear the tires with out buying a whole kit. i know it has independant suspension in the front.this is my first lifted vehical ive always been into bagged trucks so i am wanting to get into the big trucks.

If anyone knows or has any of the lift parts i need maybe you can shoot me a message/reply or a link if so. thanks in advance!

<

99ex22

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Wilsonville, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0L 4x4 Eddie Bauer
You can do a body lift, shackles in the rear and spacers up front if money is a issue. Otherwise your stuck buying a suspension kit. click on the link in my signature below.

<

rileyrs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ranger
coil spacers in front, and shackles or add-a-leaf in back will get you about 2 inches for maybe $200.

3 inch body lift is about $150

those are your two cheap options. and they will ealily clear 33's.

then if you wanna go higher, taller springs in front, taller shocks all around, then do the add-a-leaf or shackles, whichever one you didnt do first.
you'll will wanna extend the radius arms up front.

if you just do the two first things, body lift, and 2 inch suspension, you will clear 33s easily for under $400.

the info 99ex22 has on his link for lifting 5 inches is all very good, read it, and from there decide where you wanna go.

good luck
riley

<

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars