Can I cut an access panel to access fuel pump in 96 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I cut an access panel to access fuel pump in 96

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

20 minutes to drop the gas tank (okay okay an hour your first time) is alot faster then removing the interior and back seat in order to access the spot above the pump

Can you? Yes
But I wouldnt
I seriously can have the tank out of an explorer in 20 minutes once the truck is up on stands.....

remove seat, carpet, find the pump (guestimate) and cut a hole. Then you have to patch the hole and put everything back in, sounds like a PITA

I agree... the only reason I can see for doing that is if you really can't get the truck up on jackstands (which everyone should have, especially for a 4,000+ lb truck) or you don't have the proper tools for dropping the tank (I have no idea what tools are needed)... but, seeing as you need some sort of metal-cutting saw to cut out the panel, as well as Torx bits to remove the seats (I think) before you can even cut the panel, it's likely easier to just drop the tank...

Its done it took me about 25 minutes to remove the seat and cut the hole

Ill never drop another tank ha ha lol

Nice use of a old thread.

you guys are nuts :)

I try to minimioze the holes in my floor hahahaha

Nice work

Ah im not worried about that hole ha ha plenty of screws and sealer and its good as new

do you have pics?

I got no pics but it was pretty much the same as the thread I posted in my original post

Cut it! Screw dropping the tank!

Back