can i fit a sport front on a XLT 2002? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can i fit a sport front on a XLT 2002?

SwedenBob

Reaction score
City, State
Bergsjo
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT 2WD
since my car as been in a accident, i needo to buy a new front togheter with a hood and left front fender..

those parts are VERY expensive here in sweden "for just the hood they want around 1000 $"

but i have now found a sport 2 doors

the hood seems different from mine original one
IF i buy it what other parts do i need to exchange?
my fenders are the type with flare..
'
thanks for the help
Robert

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe im wrong but it seems that its only the middle part of the front grill thats different from the xlt one..
is there any special front grill that i can use on my XLT so it allows me to use the sport hood?
Thanks
Robert

the sport is built and designed on the 2nd gen platform, so you'd have to do a lot of custom fab work

so its allmost impossible to fit the hood from a 2002 sport to a 2002 XLT?

so its allmost impossible to fit the hood from a 2002 sport to a 2002 XLT?

the hood you could probably fit (dont quote me), however, the grille is molded into the front bumper, and there's a good chance the bumper wont line up.

bmfrontlow.jpg

pitty that there isnt a after market grill that combines the sport hood to a XLT front..
or is it?

and if i bought the front bumper as well?
would it the line up with my fenders equiped with flares?

please understand, im in a mess..the main problem is that i cannot buy a hood from the US, there are to bulky and cannot be sent with airmail..
at the moment i have only 3 solution
1 buy a new hood here in Sweden for 1000 $
2 buy a used hood fron the US and then have it shipped in a container "takes ages.."

or trying to fit these sport hood "if possible" with my car..
they ar only asking 100$ for it,, and its a bargain here in Sweden at least..

you run the risk of the bumper not lining up, and from the looks of it (just by eyeballing) it wont fit nicely.

yes i figure out too that its not worth it..

but other 2 questions..
is the windshield the same on the sport 2002 as on the XLT 2002 "4 doors"
also i need to change the steering column since that little aluminium piece that is connected to the gear lever is broken.
is it the same steering column on mine XLT as on the Sport?

2002 Exporer Sport is the SAME TRUCK as a 95-2001 Explorer, BUT it uses the front grill/bumper/fenders/hood as a Sport Trac

2002 Explorer is a GEN III truck
the front end shares NOTHING with the 95-01 trucks, nothing will bolt on and nothing will line up

2002+ Explorere is NOT THE SAME as any 95-02 Sport, 01-02 Sport Trac or 95-01 Explorer, at least not in the USA

2002 Exporer Sport is the SAME TRUCK as a 95-2001 Explorer, BUT it uses the front grill/bumper/fenders/hood as a Sport Trac

2002 Explorer is a GEN III truck
the front end shares NOTHING with the 95-01 trucks, nothing will bolt on and nothing will line up

2002+ Explorere is NOT THE SAME as any 95-02 Sport, 01-02 Sport Trac or 95-01 Explorer, at least not in the USA

that's not true!!!

They share the emblem in the middle of the grille :p:

OP, if you like all the sport stuff so much, trade in ur XLT for a Sport

I don't think it's a matter of liking it, he needs parts for a repair. I know for a fact that there are very few Ex's in Sweden to pick from...

exactly..
i found both the hood and the left fender " i have the other parts now"
by a company in Texas called "southwestparts" the have even sent them but got returned by usps beacuse the package was to bulky..!
so now im hoping i can get have the sent by UPS for example..
it will cost me a fortune but still cheaper then buying one in Sweden

Back