• Register Today It's free!

Can I paint it?

rcarrawa

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 1992
Can I paint the interior of my explorer with regualr spray paint. It is gray and I want to paint everything black. Also I am trying to fine some black and white seat covers for my Explorer. Any leads.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I painted my interior with duplicolor vinyl and fabric spray paint. Worked well. You can find it at wal-mart or maybe an autozone/pep boys etc. I have pics in the signature links.

I used the paint called fusion. its made by krylon. It is made to bond with plastic no snading nothing and a awsome finish after i put on the fusion i put a clear coat of spary paint on there and its awsome. One main tip is to make sure you let it dry!!!! number one rule lol. good luck.

There is a better paint than DupliColor Vinyl paint. Somebody here posted a website before that sells the same paint but mixed with some flexible chemical stuff specifically made for interior pieces.

edit: here's the link

http://www.50resto.com/

50resto.com has vinyl spray for the "soft/flexable" parts and laquer for the harder plastic pieces.

People make a big deal about Krylon Fusion paint. First off, I would never ever use it, Krylon makes very cheap paint. Second, if you're too lazy to prep the surface before painting, you shouldn't be painting anyway because it's gonna come out like crap even if you use Fusion. For plastic pieces that don't flex much, you can sand them down and use regular primer and paint. For flexible parts, you will want to try the vinyl dye.

Back