Can I see some pics of Custom Installs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I see some pics of Custom Installs?

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I am wanting to get a Custom Install on my stereo equipment into my 98 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. Can some of you posts some pics of the rear half of your vehicle so I can have some ideas of what I want to do? Here is my equipment purchased so far.
Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit
Alpine EQ - probably will change to a DVD player
Alpine TUA-T020XM XM unit
Alpine CHA-S634 6 disk CD changer
Alpine MRV-F540 Amps (2ea) for door speakers
Alpine MRD-M500 Amps (2ea) for Subs
Boston Z6's (2 Pairs) for front and rear doors
Boston ProSeries 12.5" (2ea) Subs
I just need some ideas on how subs look with amps in the rear.
Thanks a million gang,
HotDogs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

man are there ever a lot of different ways to do this

Attachments

• subboxfront1.jpg
    subboxfront1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 324

still in progres obviously and it doesn't show the amps which you sort of said you liked

Attachments

• subfan2.jpg
    subfan2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 312

oh yeah, one piece of advice- don't put components in the rear doors. i highly recommend putting both sets up front for better imaging. It sounds like you have a lot of great stuff already (wow are those alpine amps ever expensive) good luck with the install/finding someone to do it for you? that is what you said you wanted right? i wish i were closer to you.

you also need some of these since you are gonna run both sets u pfront

Attachments

• subkick2.jpg
    subkick2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 313

Wow. Are those custom kick panels you made?? Did you do a write up on that?

i didn't reallydo a write-up or anything- if you want advice on how to build them i can help you some. also, i would be willing to make some for someone for the right price. I've made two sets now one for my truck and one for a blazer and both worked out real well.

here's a pic in construction

Attachments

• 9kickpanelredo.jpg
    9kickpanelredo.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 312

Well my current one is in progress HERE

My old setup had all of my amps and processors visible.
Here it was. 6 JL 12-W3's and a bunch of other stuff.
RearDay.jpg

sidemedium.jpg

Looks like you have some good stuff. I will agree with Expo on the front stage issue. I'll be doing 2 sets of Adire Kodas in the front and they will be run off my MTX 502. I will, however, leave my Quart Coaxes in the back and run them off my HU so the rear passengers can at least have a little music. Front stage is definitely more important though. Good luck!

oh yeah, one piece of advice- don't put components in the rear doors. i highly recommend putting both sets up front for better imaging. It sounds like you have a lot of great stuff already (wow are those alpine amps ever expensive) good luck with the install/finding someone to do it for you? that is what you said you wanted right? i wish i were closer to you.

OK, I may either be missing something here or just a misunderstanding. Don't put components in the rear doors.

Are you talking about the rear door in the very back, the hatch, or you talking about passenger doors for rear seating? I was certainly going to put 1 set up front and the other set in the rear doors for the passengers. Those Boston Z6's are suppose to kick. Especially with those 2 Alpine 540's.

HotDogs

no i mean the rear doors where the passengers are- those locations are too close to the front seating locations and mess up the imaging. I have no rear speakers and it certainly doesn't hurt the way it sounds even in the back seats.

Back