can i swap my intake with a mustain intake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can i swap my intake with a mustain intake

i have 2001 xlt 5.0L and was just woundering if anyone knows if i can swap the entire intake from 5.0L mustain? ( both intake manifolds, throttle body, mass airflow, and maybe a cold air intake) any input on this would be cool.

I assume you mean MUSTANG

You could, but it would only set you back in performance--

this is a prettied up version of what you have under your hood. It flows just about as well as the true gt40 intake.

Mattsengine.jpg

Until you address the tuning and exhuast, you will be wasting time with an intake modification IMO

theres no point. our intake manifolds are comparable to those of a mustang cobra and alot of 5.0 mustang guys take intake manifolds and MAFs and throttle bodys from explorers

How in the HECK do you mis-spell the ONLY Sports Car to be built for the last 45 consecutive years?

It is just beyond comprehension....

And as was stated before, check corral.net and eBay. Those guys LOVE the Explorer intake. It flows as well as the the Cobra/Lightning Tubular Intake without the HUGE price difference. It is the BEST FLOWING intake to come from Ford on a Windsor Engine.

Ryan

P.S. REPEAT AFTER ME: M - U - S - T - A - N - G

Back