can it fit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can it fit?

in the tire size thread it says a 31x10.5x15 will fot under a stock 91-94 explorer.
what would be the equivalent of that in a ???x??x16 ? what size tires would fit similar to a 31 on a 16" rim in stock area?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Um, 31x10.5/16

Standard size tires don't play all the games that metric tires do.

265/75/16 is 31.6" tall & 265/70/16 is 30.6" tall.. Incidentally, Robb they don't make a 31x10.5x16 from what I remember. Well atleast the major tire makers like BFG, Goodyear, etc..

what is the likely hood that the 31.6" (265/75/16) tall tire will fit under a stock height 94?

It's not very likely that they will fit w/o some trimming but every truck is different.

I'd say you've got a pretty good chance. I have 31's that I bought after my lift, turns out I didn't need the lift to fit them, but yours are close to 32's. I'd do spacers and shackles just to be on the safe side. You don't want rubbing and you'll be an inch and a half higher up.

this is gonna sound bad but by trimming do you mean take a sawzall to my fenders? or just the bumper?

Back