Can Signature Lights be Brightened? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Signature Lights be Brightened?

The signature lights always seem to be on, no matter what as long as the car is running. I've even locked my car and walked away and noticed they were still on (in daytime) for about 15-30 seconds.................
On mine, the Signature lights turn OFF as soon as I turn the Explorer off. I know that because I park in my garage. I've also pulled into parking spaces where I'm facing a large store window and those lights do stay on.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was there a way to turn them off? Mine turn off with the truck but I'm already running Dark Car/Silent Car. When I remote start they are the only things on still.

I am very interested in those daytime pictures though. I would love if I could brighten them.
They do look great at nighttime though.

Finally home. Here are some pics. I did the best I could.

InkedIMG_2455Fr_LI.jpg

IMG_2456R.jpg

IMG_2457L.jpg

I changed my signature (halo) lights to be DRLs with FORScan.

I had to turn off the DRL selection on my left IPC.

Then I changed them to be full bright all the time with FORScan.

FORScan changes:

New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I'd be glad to help with any questions.
I finally opened up Forscan and tried this recommendation out. It being night time I won't be able to see the results, I'll report back next time I drive it in the daytime if I think it's brighter or not.

Thanks for the heads up MM07.

PS - Merry Christmas everyone!

I finally opened up Forscan and tried this recommendation out. It being night time I won't be able to see the results, I'll report back next time I drive it in the daytime if I think it's brighter or not.

Thanks for the heads up MM07.

PS - Merry Christmas everyone!

Any time. How'd it go?

They don't seem to be too much brighter...but maybe they are? lol. If it's brighter its not much more noticeable.
I did notice when I turn my headlights on manually, the signature lighting dims...so not even sure if it's working.
I'm kind of over it now :)

.......................I did notice when I turn my headlights on manually, the signature lighting dims...so not even sure if it's working.
I'm kind of over it now :)
That's normal.

Peter

Don’t know if anybody has figured it out or not, but in the dashes settings you can turn off DRL and it well make the signature LED strip brighter. I’m assuming not everybody messes with the car settings since I see a lot off ppl with the DRL running. I did it to extend the life of my headlights since if one goes out gotta change the whole headlight.

But I mean that’s the brightest I’ve seen them.

........................................................... I did it to extend the life of my headlights since if one goes out gotta change the whole headlight.
Being that they are LED and that as DRL they run at lower power, I don't think longevity should be an issue. They are required by law in Canada and I haven't seen complaints about failures.

Peter

That is how my set up is working now. Signature lights (halos) are my DRLs. The led headlamps are off and only the Signature (halos) are on when I put the EXP in gear.

I will check the brightness of them during the day and take some pics.

I think my set up is what you're looking for.
I’m looking for this set up and can’t find how to do it. My signature lights turn off if I go Into settings and disable the DRLs. Will you share the set up please.

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Do you have DRL on the low beams?

Peter

I’m looking for this set up and can’t find how to do it. My signature lights turn off if I go Into settings and disable the DRLs. Will you share the set up please.

Check out what I did here:

Click the link in that thread too.

I changed my signature (halo) lights to be DRLs with FORScan.

I had to turn off the DRL selection on my left IPC.

Then I changed them to be full bright all the time with FORScan.

FORScan changes:

New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I'd be glad to help with any questions.
Hi, I have been trying to get these signature lights a bit brighter on my 2016 Explorer Sport and I was about to give up until I recently saw your post. Can you show me how to do this in Forscan ? I already have everything hooked up and ready to go.

Here's what I did:

Halo as DRL, BCM 726-26-02, x*xx xxxx xxxx, changed * to 1, was 0
BCM 726-50-01 (needed to be 017F, mine was done already)

Stop DRLs from Dimming, BCM 726-29-02, x*xx x.. xxzz, changed * to 1, was 0

Here's what I did:

Halo as DRL, BCM 726-26-02, x*xx xxxx xxxx, changed * to 1, was 0
BCM 726-50-01 (needed to be 017F, mine was done already)

Stop DRLs from Dimming, BCM 726-29-02, x*xx x.. xxzz, changed * to 1, was 0
apparently that setting only works with F150s, it doesn't work in explorers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

apparently that setting only works with F150s, it doesn't work in explorers
Does ok in my EXP. Have to shut off DRL in the left IPC Menu. Forgot to mention that.

Back