• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can someone bob the bed of my Sport Trac please?

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
EDIT: Thanks again toypaseo for doing the bobbed bed photoshop for me. Here's the original pictures next to the bobbed version to see the differences.

So I'm in the middle of doing my SAS and then my complete drivetrain swap from an '89 F-250 along with a partial exxo. I also plan on doing something about the huge overhang that my ST has. I originally planed on removing the bed and bulding a tube cage bed similar to DB1's but the laws are really strict here in Allegheny County/ Pittsburgh, Pa. about tire coverage. So I got to thinking and I want to be the first to have an ST that has the bed bobbed (why not I've been the first for a lot of other things I've built on it).

So here's a couple pictures to work with...

IMG_6399.jpg

choptrac3_zps9b2394ed.png

IMG_4861.jpg

choptrac_zps6feef2ae.png

Don't worry about making the sport bar line up with the bed, it'll be off the truck. I'd like to take from the edge of the tail light to the back corner of the wheelwell opening is where it meets the bumper out. I did the old school photoshop method on paper that I used to do before computers but my printer is all screwed up. This is what I'm asking for but without the screwed up printer lines. LOL

IMG_7175.jpg

9d5a7d62-db35-4b46-be82-b040bd032511.jpg

Thanks again in advance. Oh if you can do the partial exxo bars that I drew in too that would be a huge bonus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Pics removed, but will be posted later by MidnightRebel07

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
toughest part of the bob job is gonna be rear spring hangers and shackles,, unless you go to a link suspension,, the springs are fairly long, so after the bob the shackles will be right under the bumper, and pretty exposed to anything when going backwards,,

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Wow, now that's the departure angle increase I'm looking for. Thanks man. Could you do that on the other full truck picture?

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Corkey, got that covered. After the bob I plan on building a different bumper that'll gaurd the shackles but not hang down so low to drag and get caught on.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Sweet, thank you man. Ok I saved them on my computer from your PB page.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
I'll leave them up until you host them somewhere.

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I have them saved on my computer I plan on posting them in the morning. Thanks again man.

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
Cool. No problem. They were literally only a few minutes of work each. Simple select area and move it over. Pry took longer to upload them to PB.