Can someone confirm heater inlet hose loc for flush kit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone confirm heater inlet hose loc for flush kit?

Vallan

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer AWD 5.0L
1997 5.0L Explorer - coolant flush tee install question

Looked at alldata and ford factory manual and searched here. Trying to find heater inlet hose that comes out of firewall and goes to top of engine is hard when both heater hoses drop behind engine and I can feel clips but can't see what they attach to. I'm convinced the heater control valve should be a dead give away (has a vacuum line on it, is hose on left if standing in front of suv).

Am I correct that the heater inlet hose is the one with the heater control valve on it? If so it would seem you could remove it and replace with the prestone flush kit tee, then replace it when you done, no hose cutting necessary.

Could someone please confirm or tell me if I'm bass ackwards. Thanks!

I believe (with the help of a friend that stopped by) can confirm the heater inlet hose is the one with the heater control valve on it.

edit:
Found another post that has a pic of heater control valve
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=186244

I did my flush tonight by swapping the heater control valve with the flush tee, and put it back when finished. Everything seemed to go well, until after refilling the truck wouldn't start. Tried again in 5 mins and it started after cranking for 4 secs and made one loud noise then ran fine. Made me quite nervous...but I wonder if the serpentine belt was wet and slipped or ?. The engine compartment was quit wet.

For doing my flushes, I found a long flexible piece of tubing that fit into the mouth of the radiator nice and tight to divert the water away instead of having it splash all over the engine compartment

The hose in the radiator mouth is a great idea. The diverter tube in the install kit doesn't fit.

Back