Can someone PLEASE send me all the eletrical schematics for a 2000 XLS? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone PLEASE send me all the eletrical schematics for a 2000 XLS?

98formulaLS1

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS
I am in need of the electrical schematics for a 2000 Explorer XLS.

If you have the Ford service manual computer program, you will need to be able to print to a PDF. If you dont know how to do this, please PM me.

Ultimately, this will allow you to print all the schematics to a PDF, and email it to me.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

honestly, they cost not even $15 for the entire vehicle

http://www.ahdol.com/

well worth the cost IMO, especially for the amount of info contained in them

honestly, they cost not even $15 for the entire vehicle

http://www.ahdol.com/

well worth the cost IMO, especially for the amount of info contained in them

While those are a cost-effective alternative to the OEM schematics, I can all but guarantee that they will never be as comprehensive, thorough, or accurate as the OEM schematics. I have yet to find a set as accurate as the Ford manuals.

Printing them all to a PDF is not a simple, or efficient thing to do. It's quite time-consuming, given the hundreds of pages of schematics for the vehicle... and that doesn't include the images of the connector/component location views and connector pin-outs either...

www.helminc.com is the best resource. They're a little pricey compared to Chiltons or Haynes, but the OEM EVTM's and service manuals beat them all.

-Joe

i have a hacked copy of the 1996-1999 Ford Service Manual Program, but the wiring diagram section doesn't work.

Well, that's what happens when you start playing with hacked software. But I'll get off my high horse and try and be constructive...

Check eBay. You can find factory wiring manuals there all the time for a very reasonable cost. There is no way in the world I would print out all those diagrams for you. There are way too many. You are asking for a lot from folks. Go to eBay...you will be glad you did.

yeah i guess i was asking a lot.

Oh well, just forget about it then.

You know what. When I get the SM, I will make a PDF of all the schematics, for people who need them, just like me.

I'll do you one better. Check out this:

http://search.ebscohost.com/Login.aspx?lp=login.asp&ref=&authtype=ip,uid

User: rrcc
Pass: rebsco

I believe this was originally posted by brooklynbay, so the credit should go to him. This site has a lot of schematics and info on about any car out there. Just go to the auto repair reference center and select your year and make and go from there :thumbsup:

yeah most of the schematics on that site, even when you pick the year make and model, are wrong or slightly different. They loaded the manual and schematics for the 1st gen explorer on a lot of pages.

Its SOMEWHAT helpful, but no where near what it should be.

yeah i guess i was asking a lot.

Oh well, just forget about it then.

You know what. When I get the SM, I will make a PDF of all the schematics, for people who need them, just like me.

That's pretty darn nice of you. But remember, that manual is about an inch thick, and you have 7 of them for gen II's alone. That is a lot of scanning. Also, one diagram will send you off to another diagram to follow the circuit. So just one pdf is never enough it seems. That's why it's best just to have the factory manual. Whenever I buy a car, I get the factory wiring and service manuals right off the bat. I've never regretted it.

That's pretty darn nice of you. But remember, that manual is about an inch thick, and you have 7 of them for gen II's alone. That is a lot of scanning. Also, one diagram will send you off to another diagram to follow the circuit. So just one pdf is never enough it seems. That's why it's best just to have the factory manual. Whenever I buy a car, I get the factory wiring and service manuals right off the bat. I've never regretted it.

dude, dont even worry about it. I will now be doing any scanning. I'm a computer guy, so jpegs converted to PDFs are the way I go. I get all service manuals in a computer document.

Back