Can someone verify the brake rotor diameter for 03 Sport?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone verify the brake rotor diameter for 03 Sport??

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
My rear brakes are shot, have metal on metal on the driver side rear and the rotor is toast. Anyway, I'm trying to order the parts today(going with powerslots or EBCs and good pads) and want to make sure I get the right set... I believe these are the 12" rotors (didn't the Sport/Sport Trac have bigger rotors)? If so, shall I order them for the Sport Trac?

I can't seem to make sense of any of the parts catalogs, I put in my info and it gives me the smaller 11in rotors.

Advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK... on Summitracing this is what I come up with.. The rotor OD/thicknesses are slightly different, and obviously the price. Whaddya think?

Selection - 2003 Explorer (no sport option to select)
Brand EBC Brakes $217.01
Manufacturer's Part Number GD7151
Rotor Outside Diameter (in) 11.850 in.
Rotor Thickness (in) 0.476 in.

Selection - 2003 Sport Trac
Brand EBC Brakes $243.44
Manufacturer's Part Number GD7152
Rotor Outside Diameter (in) 11.810 in.
Rotor Thickness (in) 0.472 in.

autoanything.com has better selection options... it looks like it picks the same part # as the ST on summitracing. Same price too, free shipping... I searched and searched the forums and couldn't find this, hopefully this can help somebody in the future. I'll post back when they come in to see if they actually fit, haha!

EBC Sport Rotors
Rear Rotor Set
Vehicle 2003 Ford Explorer
Submodel 2-door, 4WD
AutoAnything SKU 2345302
Part # GD7152

Rear rotors should be the same as the gen 2 Explorer as well. It's just the fronts that were changed.

update about the rotor sizes...

I ordered front and rear rotors for a Sport Trac, and they were the exact same as the ones on my sport. If I would've ordered ones for a 2nd gen, I believe they are smaller. Unless mine had the wrong ones put on to begin with :roll:

I've had a hard time using the part finders on various websites, they either don't have the Sport listed, or they don't have the right parts, or it won't list the parts at all, but I can find them under Sport Trac. So who knows!

RockAuto differentiates between the 4dr Explorer, Sport, and ST. But for the Sport, it's seems to be ranging between 11.8x and 12.0x inches - not that it matters too at this point since you already have the rotors.

yeah, rockauto didn't have exactly what i was looking for unfortunately.. they are one of the only ones that differentiates between the models of the explorer and stuff is easy to find on that site. all the other sites were giving me the wrong rotor size.... unless I selected the sport trac, and they were spot on. either way, all is well - just an update if anybody else was having issues finding the right size :thumbsup:

Back