• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can`t always download pictures from net?

ld50

Oh, the money you`ll blow
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
Hey,
Sometimes, if I am on website pages, for instance here at explorerforum, if I right click on a picture and select 'save picture as' to try and save to my computer, I get an error message that says internet explorer has encountered an error and needs to close.
But other times I can download even the same picture with no problem.
For example I can`t even download pictures from one of my own threads today, that I posted myself.

It only started doing this recently, like wtf?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bp1506

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
Ie is fully updated, has been, rather. and it auto-updates so there is no new updates.
THis firefox browser I`m not sure of, I don`t have a lot of memory to be downloading another browser...

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
2 friend's of mine had serious problems with Internet Explorer, and some basic functions in Windows. I reinstalled IE7 for them, and was surprised that it corrected all of the things they were having problems with. Of course, in life there is no guarantee that it will work.;)

wharriso

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer Limited
Ie is fully updated, has been, rather. and it auto-updates so there is no new updates.
THis firefox browser I`m not sure of, I don`t have a lot of memory to be downloading another browser...
If as you say, you don't have a lot of memory, could that be your problem? Also, have you tried deleting the cookies and temporary files?

BTW, Firefox really is a good option to have. I switch between the two browsers all the time.

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
If as you say, you don't have a lot of memory, could that be your problem? Also, have you tried deleting the cookies and temporary files?
I have memory, it`s just up there. If I download a half dozen movies without clearing out some room I will get a warning message, or if I try to have too many games installed.

I use adaware once in a while to clear out cookies and such. Maybe I should try reinstalling IE7. I actually realize that I went to a different antivirus program lately and wonder if that has affected me...

Opera seems to work better than both of them, although it's not as popular.
I have been brainwashed by Lord Gates though, seeking enlightenment elsewhere is cyber-sin

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
how much RAM do you have on your comp? How many programs do you have running at once or in the background? both of these could be the problem If you have several programs running at once with little amount of RAM it will quit out due to not enough "instant memory" meaning it cant open the program window document ect.

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
Okay the anti-virus has nothing to do with it. Basically I will get an error message as soon as I click save picture as. It takes a few seconds though.

I gots 512 ram, no programs running but IE
I can play big games like Call of Duty with no problems..

I`m gunna check my processes..

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Okay the anti-virus has nothing to do with it. Basically I will get an error message as soon as I click save picture as. It takes a few seconds though.

I gots 512 ram, no programs running but IE
I can play big games like Call of Duty with no problems..

I`m gunna check my processes..
hmmm is by chance your Hard Drive full?
and also when it gives you the error does it give you like an error code?

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
I dunno, I have a punkbuster process that starts up when I play COD and AOE so I turned that off, as well as a scandisk utility that is for an mp3 player.
I`ve always been on top of the processes and what should be running since I have tried to keep my comp clean for online games, so there isn`t any that I haven`t identified that could interfere -I think.

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
4.02Gb free space :thumbsup:? :thumbdwn:?

It gives an error code but it seems to be in another language

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
4.02Gb free space :thumbsup:? :thumbdwn:?

It gives an error code but it seems to be in another language
lol

umm have you tried typing it in a yahoo or google search?

Well i am not sure i know my really old pc had a similar issue but it lacked RAM so i upgraded but if the search turns up nothing ask they guys on this forum
www.cybertechhelp.com

TheChadders

Reaction score
City, State
Parker CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
it looks like after doing a quick yahoo search people reboot and or reinstall IE. I am not sure if you have tried this but people said that it fixed their problem

steventadams

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
What's the error message say?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ld50

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
British Columbia
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
man I try to do a screenshot and view it in paint, then when I try to save, it crashes paint, just like saving from net. I`ll have to write it down or something