Can the 2013 explorer fascia part be modded? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can the 2013 explorer fascia part be modded?

Suzie

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Laurel New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer LTD
Hi Guys,

Can the two rectangular block shape on the 2013 explorer fascia be cut out to add LEDs? See link below for the area I am talking about and LEDs I am interested in.

Fascia
http://public.fotki.com/suziequezie/vehicle/explorer/fascia.html
Mercedes LEDs
http://public.fotki.com/suziequezie/vehicle/explorer/mercedes.html

Or maybe I can add a mesh part like in the 2014 Jeep Cherokee SRT. See link below

2014 Jeep Grand CherokeE SRT
http://public.fotki.com/suziequezie/vehicle/explorer/jeep.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anythings possible. You just have to through enough money at it. Are you thinking of going with just a single horizontal row of leds in the middle of each?

Anythings possible. You just have to through enough money at it. Are you thinking of going with just a single horizontal row of leds in the middle of each?

Yup, just a simple horizontal row is what I had orignially envisioned. If it's a lot of money then forget about it.

I also like how the 2014 Jeep Cherakee SRT has that 'mesh' part with the silver/chromeish outlining it. Again if its too much money forget it. But it just seems like those two rectangular shapes on the fascia should have been something other than what it is.

13260722281294059893.jpg

00-2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-srt8.jpg

Be nice if ford would come out with something to brighten up the front end. Jeep is always outdoing ford. 8 speed tranny and a diesel engine that is going to get upwards of 600 miles to the tank.

I've been waiting for that Diesel to come out in the US. Any word? I might actually try a JGC if it was 8-speed Diesel.

It's coming set to release late spring. Gonna be pricey

I've been waiting for that Diesel to come out in the US. Any word? I might actually try a JGC if it was 8-speed Diesel.

I had the 2011 Grand Cherokee with the Hemi and the 5-spd. The tranny was the most irritating transmission i have ever dealt with. It had no idea what gear it needed to be in and the main reason I sold it after only 2 years. You could not pay me to take an 8-spd Dodge transmission.

The new Escape has them, but they should be a little bit brighter. I wish Ford would have done it with the explorer as well.

The body shop guy said I won't pass NJ state inspection - then someone else said they don't look that detailed anymore so now I'm on the fence about installing it.

NJ only tests for emissions since August of 2010. They stopped doing full inspections to save the state money.

NJ only tests for emissions since August of 2010. They stopped doing full inspections to save the state money.

;-) thanks for letting me know

Back