• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Can you count the ways?

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Ok...

So I've been looking for a decent 2001 Ex Eddie Bauer V8 to pick up, and have been searching across the country. You know, no rust, under 100k, etc., and have been looking at a LOT of ads.

In the process, I've been keeping track of just how many different ways people seem to spell the truck out.

I know I'm more than ridiculous about spelling, but the people that have had the truck for 5+ years and spell it 'Baurer' make me smile. I mean- don't they see it everyday? :)

This is the list:

Eddie Bauer ***ding! correct!***

Now the rest:

Edie Bauer
Edy Bauer
Eddie Baurer
Eddie Bower
Eddie Bawwer
Eddy Bauer
Eddie Baur
Edde Bower
Eddie Bouer
Eddye Bauer
Eddie Baure

I also saw some of these:

Murcury Mountaineer
Mercury Mountainaire
Mercure Mountaineer
Mercury Mountaineere

Honestly- come on! :D

I found it entertaining.
But yes, I had a lot of time on my hands... :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

ericautopart

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey Shore
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5.0L AWD
I see how many people on this forum that can't spell it. What ya expect?

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
It always confounds me, being that you walk past the thing every day- and it's on the seatback!

I guess I just found it somewhat humorous. It affects searches too on Craigslist and stuff, you'd think they would try a little bit harder. Especially the "Edy" or "Bawwer" guys- come on! :D

jtmx101

Reaction score
City, State
Shreveport, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 XLS 4X4
its even funnier when a used car lot mispells it.

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Yea Joe I've seen the same a lot! And same thoughts enter my head....don't you see this truck everyday?! I mean hell its on your quarter panel, sewed on the back of the front seats and on your tail gate...I just seen an Eddie Bauer this morning on craigs a 99 V8 awd with 78k miles! Only if I had the cash I would jump on it.

yellowford

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xj
I know its on mine but I hardly look at it, but pretty sure I can actually spell it. And as a side note its not in my interior anywhere as its not on the seats like most. The only spot I think it even shows on my truck is the hatch.

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
The spelling is probable a good filter. I would be surprised to see a fine example of an E.B. (didn't dare try to spell it) listed for sale by a guy who doesnt care enough about the veh. to even spell it right.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Good point Bill!

Where's that 78k Ex Glen? I'll drive to get it if it isn't rusty!!

MayJan- I do seem to worry about trivial stuff once in a while... :D Once I saw "Edy Bauer" I had to start taking notes... lol!

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
and Eddie is not the only misspelled ,start looking at other posts on the forum too, it is abundantly ripe with cases of neglect in the spelling department, from air codition to zignal lights,,

Gadget X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gibsonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 5-speed
I understand completely! I'm the same way with a lot of things, one of which is the improper pronunciation of common words, ie: "I don't have a purntzell to write with". That one gets me every time!:)

yellowford

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xj

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Doesn't help being from a dealer but I love that blue, I'd pay that for it.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Email sent to PA... I don't mind the miles to get there, if I have to drop a couple hundred to get to a clean rust free Ex, it's worth it to me. Up here, a late 90's Gen II V8 XLT only with 130k+ and rusting rockers is going for $3,500+

Heck- I've been looking down south from Florida to Arizona. I don't mind traveling...

I like the blue one, but man- dealers... Used car dealers... I'd love to find a 1-2 owner Ex down south... The search!!! :)

Glen4X4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lewistown, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Well good luck with it Joe, wish ya luck on your exploration!

Gadget X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Gibsonville, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 5-speed
I'll keep my eyes open around here. It seems like there is always one for sale down this way, and they are usually rust free, one owner vehicles!

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
Much appreciated!

I did see a few, but they all had miles. :(

I know I'm looking at a small window which limits my choices, but since I don't really need one, I've got some luxury to wait for the right one I guess...

Looking for:

99+ Eddie Bauer V8 in Toreador Red, Black, or Blue
99+ Limited V8 in Black

AWD
Under 110k miles
Prefer tan interior
NO rust

If you see something, let me know- finders fee! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JoeCool6972

Reaction score
City, State
where ever I may roam...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac XLT
How about Edith Bauer? That's what we called the option at the Ford dealer, because they seemed to be more for women than real outdoorsmen! :p: