Can you EVEN drive on 33X12.5 on a stock truck ? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you EVEN drive on 33X12.5 on a stock truck ?

I should have bought 35's ! LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hahha......how about an overall side pic of it?......?......im still for taking off the side skirts. although im not sure you see what im talking about. It is that piece of plastic were the factory running board would be. Plus it would make it look better without them. I also noticed the lower air dam is olny hnaging on by a few bolts(i saw one broken off) i vote for taking that off as well.

yea take the lower air dam off and the side skirts. but especially the front air dam- it looks muck cooler and a more agressive look as if your higher up.it also gives you a little more room for comfort in the front.

yeah here is no air dam and stock suspension
2147253_9_full.jpg

no side skirts/ running boards...dont mind the fact i have no doors on(try it it is really quite fun....)
SkanlaxJMO3.jpg

I see a lot of jeep cherokee's running around with missing doors but I'm not gonna try it. Especialy while I'm in Canada because they are really strict up there for stuff like this. Even running on 33's is illegal up there.

Daylight picture.

Canada here I come ~ ! ! !

DSC00669.jpg

DSC00670-1.jpg

DSC00671-1.jpg

hahaha can you even turn????? have you tried??

and just like what all the other people said: pull the molding off below all your doors. and the air dam.

That thing aint going anywhere, as soon as you even try turning that say goodbye to your fenders and sway bar.

HappyGilmore said:
hahaha can you even turn????? have you tried??

and just like what all the other people said: pull the molding off below all your doors. and the air dam.

Funny you mention this... No I cant turn worth a **** LOL

I'm gonna go buy another propane tank tonight a try to do the TT once more. I havent tried in over month and have been treating the TT Bolts with PB every week.

Wish me luck.

bust out the sawzaw (sp?) and cut them fenders out the anus. You could prolly get them back far enough wtih that that you might not even need the tt.

Fordpwnzchevy said:
bust out the sawzaw (sp?) and cut them fenders out the anus. You could prolly get them back far enough wtih that that you might not even need the tt.

Lets call taht one PLAN B :D

or just take them off for the trip?

After heating the plates the bolt screw into with a propane torch for 30 min each and using a 4ft breaker bar. I had to buy a impact style socket after I broke a regular craftsman one... but I finally got them loose :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The drivers side was the worst, it was alittle rustier than the passenger side.

I had to keep going back and forth to rebuild the threads as a I went along but it ended up working. The drivers side is almost 1 inch lower than the passenger side however....

When my longer bolts come in and the rear shackles are done, I will make them all equal from fender to tire.

Looks like all I will be missing for the trip is my BL.

I just got back from Canada and here is what my truck looks like now. All I have to do now is raise the bumpers and possibly the tow hitch.

I did a bunch of offroading in Canada and it was lots of fun. I want locked diffs however.

I blew a front wheel bearing in the Boston area, but luckily, I was at my uncle's and he has all the goodies and even a torcg set.

That Damn bearing cost $160 smackaroonies btw ! :fire:

Thanks for all the help guyz.

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

its always the GOD DAMNED drivers side hub assembly. Mine crapped out in Wyomong awhile ago, almpost leaving me stranded in butt %^&* nowhere.

Yeah mine was the drivers side too. I could not believe it when th e guy gave me the price at autozone.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

It comes with a new hub and studs along with a new abs sensor however... but yeah its the most expensive bearing I have ever bought. Heck I have bought engines for cheaper than that.

And it's a royal pains in the arse to swap too! At least it's noit pressed in so I did not need a machine shop.

It did not leave me stranded however, It just souded really nasty and I has a lot of slak in the wheel.

You know cars that see salty roads will always have more stuff go out on the driver side of the car because the lay the salt in the middle of the road and the drivers side get more of it. And onciming traffic splashes that stuff in on the drivers side too.

looks good man :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back