Can you guys give me a good estimate on my 91? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you guys give me a good estimate on my 91?

myersbeck

Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Lux
I have a 1991 Eddie Bauer Explorer with working everything except the engine which recently died. It has a brand new battery and upgraded sound system. The interior is well in tact, but the exterior is pretty banged up with a broken tail light and very faded paint. If one can tell me the highest I can reasonably ask for this I will appreciate it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you get lucky and sell it to a mechanic i'm sure he would give at least $800 for it I know it sounds low but after all you can get a whole 91-94 for 2500-3500 the motor is going to cost someone at least $500...BTW take out all of your sound system sell it here and on ebay piece by piece...milk the truck...basically...that way you will come out with a little over a 1000 bucks do you still have the factory head unit ? put that back in also at time of truck sale...is it 4wd? price could possibly be 950-1050 if it is but for 2wd i would say 850-950 hope this helps...

Honestly i would only give 500 for it.

x2 because the buyer will have to pull the motor and rebuild it.. Price also depends on where you live.

hey burns buy it and make a first gen sport trac lol with 37's and a roll cage...that would be sweet...

Yes for sure.

We gave 500 for a 1gen sport that needed a clutch with good paint and few dents.

I dont have the money for a 5th explorer now. Yeah we have 4......Im working on rebuilding a 53 f100 so no more explorers for now.

Want a DD??? Buy my 94 :D

Thanks guys, anybody else have suggestive prices or reasons or questions to help make a better estimate?
Thanks

Honestly i would only give 500 for it.

honestly... i wouldn't even pay that much for it.

I bought my 94 xlt with almost every option, 89k miles, complete tune-up, near flawless interior & exterior, tranny was acting up - $600 from a dealership. (they were asking $1500)

Tranny lasted for 3 months or so, put a rebuilt in for $250. So pretty much $850 running and driving without a problem.

honestly... i wouldn't even pay that much for it.

I bought my 94 xlt with almost every option, 89k miles, complete tune-up, near flawless interior & exterior, tranny was acting up - $600 from a dealership. (they were asking $1500)

That's just a damn good deal. There is a 94 sport here, with a grill guard. It's in fairly good condition, nothing special, but they want 3900 for it. I think I might try and trade them for mine, and see if they notice the tranny problems.

my 95' was 2250 helluva steal...

Thanks guys, anybody else have suggestive prices or reasons or questions to help make a better estimate?
Thanks

You might see what used prices are from other areas. They are much more valuable in Canada and other far north states, like $3000 for that truck. I have a 91 XLT that needs a trans front seal. I wouldn't expect more than $1000 for mine. If you need as much as possible you might have to try Craig's list sites or eBay. Coming here is also a good idea, finding the right buyer is the key. Good luck,

Wow, well I'll say it... Myersbeck, that vehicle should be gifted to an organization and written off on your tax returns as a donation. Or - Part it out! You could probably make a good bit of money if you can part it out... especially if the interior is good, front end and sound system. I'd say part it out.

I bought my 97 for $1,000,Also bought several 1st gens running down the road for as little as $425.00

With running engines?

Wow, well I'll say it... Myersbeck, that vehicle should be gifted to an organization and written off on your tax returns as a donation. Or - Part it out! You could probably make a good bit of money if you can part it out... especially if the interior is good, front end and sound system. I'd say part it out.
The thing is, I need to get rid of it as quickly as possible and don't have the car nearby to part out, nor do I want to fool with this tax return business, I just need cash now, so any ideas?

Just try to sell it. Dont take less than 500 in my book. You could prob get 750 to the right person

With no engine, you are going to have a slow sale. There are few options for you. If you have a Cash for Cars program (where the vehicle is), you might want to speak with them. But, it seems that parting is where the money is... granted, you don't have time.

Check with the vendors... they might be able to help.

With no engine, you are going to have a slow sale. There are few options for you. If you have a Cash for Cars program (where the vehicle is), you might want to speak with them. But, it seems that parting is where the money is... granted, you don't have time.

Check with the vendors... they might be able to help.
Thank you sir, $750 is exactly what I have listed for. I like the no less than $500 idea too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How far is the vehicle from you?

Back