Can you have the OEM tonneau cover and the bed extender in at the same time? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Can you have the OEM tonneau cover and the bed extender in at the same time?

sickwilly

Reaction score
City, State
Middle Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Exp Sport Trac
I think I found a deal on a OEM tonneau cover with all hardware. I was looking at how it installs. Do the brackets block you from being able to use your bed extender?

I am still debating getting the OEM one, versus a fabric one. I really have little need to lock stuff up, so I was thinking that maybe the fabric one would be better because of the lower weight and ease of removal.

If the OEM one interferes with the bed extender, though, that is a deal killer.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ranger
No problem. The factory sells them that way.

<

stllaborer

Reaction score
City, State
st.louis,mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport trac
i have the fabric snap on cover ,,no problems with my bed extender,,,,altho a few snaps have messed up other than that everythings a ok

<

tnpnt1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
I have the folding hard cover and the bed extender....no problem.

<

Niks97cobra

Reaction score
City, State
Aiken, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
Looking
So you can drive around with the tail gate down, bed extender out and the tonneau cover down and locked in place?

<

<

<

clevek1

Reaction score
City, State
Slatersville, Rhode Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT Sport Trac
folding bed cover & bed extender

Yes, I have a hard folding bed cover (Advance Cover) & an aftermarket bed extender that works just fine - does not interfere. I must admit that I do not know who makes the OEM cover for Ford.

<